[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real programmers thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: bait.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone who didn't master C, ASM or Fortran shouldn't consider himself a real programmer. Prove me wrong (you can't)
>>
>>59118382
Prove yourself first
>>
>>59118382
>Fortran
plz leave my /g/ grandpa
>>
Solve 10 ACM ICPC problems right now OP. Then you can talk.
>>
>>59118382
Pretty much.
>>
>>59118382
Bill Gates quit out of college.

Are you saying the richest man on the world who made his money in computer sciences isn't a programmer?
>>
>>59118827
>Programmer
Billy would take that as an insult at this point.
>>
>>59118495
fuck you. Fortran 90 added mouse capabilities.
>>
Those languages are capable of getting the job done without any ridiculous stuff like learning functional programming.
The concept of imperative programming is extremely simple and everyone should be able to grasp it with ease. The same can't exactly be said for other paradigms.
I do think having object-oriented features makes things a bit easier but you can easily write object-oriented code with C.
>>
>>59118501
I miss the universidad valladolid problems
>>
>>59120406
>ridiculous stuff like learning functional programming.
>>
>>59120406
>object-oriented code with C
>>
>>59118382
Fortran is the official language of 4chan
>>
>>59120480
If you don't understand what that would imply and how you could do it, you don't understand what OOP is. You think it means "class keyword" and "<instance>.<method>(<args with implicit this>)" syntax for method calls. In reality it is a general term that describes an approach to designing your program.
>>
>>59118382
I have to use C and Fortran daily as a chemist researcher. I don't consider myself a programmer. What do?
>>
>>59118827
bill gates wrote basic in asm
>>
>>59118495
Actually, Modern Fortran (I'm talking about the non OOP thing) is very relevant nowadays. I've seen several frameworks move away from C++ and start using Fortran again for their numerical code.
>>
>>59120583
>In reality it is a term that describes a fantastic way to set yourself up for poor program performance and general failure.
Fixed it for you
>>
>>59120480
>didn't even read https://www.cs.rit.edu/~ats/books/ooc.pdf
>can't even implement his own oop
I wonder what all you guys will do when there's no comfy grandpa to write real stuff while you toy in high-level kindergarten
>>
>>59120744
You have a point. I use C++ but I mostly use it as "C with classes". Basically I write as if I were using C with opaque pointers, but with more convenience features and the ability to directly use C++ libs if needed.
>>
>>59120895
I'd like OOP more if languages provided ways to better respect data locality when using an OO design. Right now the only way is to define a single object of arrays.
>>
>>59120433
https://uva.onlinejudge.org I think they are there
>>
>>59120718
name 3
>>
If C and all that are so great, why are all the world's web apps programmed in memory managed languages?

Checkmate atheists
>>
>>59121164
>half served by apache/other half by nginx, cached by redis, db is postgres
because nothing except js runs in browser and Bigcorp wouldn't trust random pajits to write backend in C?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.