[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Edumacate me /g/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: m4d mod'n skillz.png (26KB, 252x261px) Image search: [Google]
m4d mod'n skillz.png
26KB, 252x261px
The purpose of this thread is twofold
>elucidate the pros and cons of various off-the-shelf gaming/high performance laptops
>share self-help resources to grant a hardware inept user some m4d mod'n skillz for a future desktop
Bonus Purpose:
>convince me to forgo the laptop entirely and wait until I can build my own desktop before putting a few rounds into my 5 year old craptop so it can finally rest in peace now that I can afford to upgrade

[spoiler]l33t used for irony's sake and 4t3hlulz[/spoiler]
>>
>>59113529
no
>>
File: tfwhavenoface.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tfwhavenoface.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
C'mon mods. You warn me for spamming the sticky, yet you don't bat an eye when I report a post without it. Expect my janitor application later this year.
>>
>>59113709
ok, I'll just go buy an apple then, because I'm stupid and have money.
>>59114620
don't know if you've noticed but I don't post in /g/, I read the pinned post and didn't see anything saying being a noob and asking questions was against the board rules
>>
>>59114672
It's literally in the first line after the wiki.

>/g/ is for the discussion of technology and related topics.
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

underage b&
>>
>>59114696
not underaged, and I'm not asking for consumer reviews. I'm looking for opinions on whether high end laptops are worth it, and advice on learning how to build my own computer. I'm decent enough with software, but when it comes to hardware nothing seems to stick in my head.
>>
>>59114721
Everything you need to know about buying laptops and building computers is on the wiki. Did you not even click the link?

>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team
>I'm not asking for consumer reviews I'm looking for opinions

sup·port
səˈpôrt

2. give assistance to, especially financially; enable to function or act.

>good with software
>cant even read the sticky
>not underaged

Try harder. Here's your (You)
>>
Thus far my computing needs have been met with whatever cheap mobile craptop I can get when I need a replacement because my last one became FUBAR. Due to having moved around too much for years and living in small quarters I didn't have the space for a desktop either. Now, I finally have a decent paying job, an apartment I can reliably afford, and space for a desktop. But, I don't want to settle for an off-the-shelf if I'm getting a desktop, I want something I can upgrade, and the knowledge to do so.

In the meantime, I've been heavily considering just getting something from Alienware or Razer so I can meet my gaming wants until I'm satisfied with a desktop. But then again, for years I've been told that gaming laptops are a poor investment, but most of the people who have told me that aren't the type to care about high end gaming computers and also haven't needed the mobility aspect of a laptop.

So really, if /g/ isn't where the hell I should go to speak to informed people in an open forum about the pros and cons of this shit, where is? Because stackexchange (which I use heavily) is a direct question and answer, not a discussion. /wsr/ is for problems. Google will just give me more ads and skewed reports than anything useful. I'm not asking to fix a bug or something, I'm asking for open opinions on the current technology market.

Honestly, 4chan used to be a good community in general, but it seems that no matter what board I look at people are too edgy and meme hungry to give a fuck about their fellow humans.

>>59114817
Here's yours back. I bloody well read the sticky thrice today alone. Once before posting, once after posting, and once a minute ago, in fact it's open in the next tab.

I know where I can go for tech support if I need it, I wouldn't ask 4chan how to boil water let alone fix a damn computer.
>inb4 delete System 32 joke

I practically grew up on 4chan, and seeing it in this state makes me fear for humanity.
>>
File: 1469886109191.jpg (5KB, 226x224px) Image search: [Google]
1469886109191.jpg
5KB, 226x224px
>>59114931
>I practically grew up on 4chan, and seeing it in this state makes me fear for humanity.
>"Edumacate me /g/"
>"l33t used for irony's sake and 4t3hlulz"

>Being called out for breaking a rule makes me fear for humanity

Try /sqt/
>>
File: sing me to sleep sweet prince.jpg (63KB, 634x466px) Image search: [Google]
sing me to sleep sweet prince.jpg
63KB, 634x466px
>>59115043
Then again, half the shit that happens these days makes me fear for humanity.

Especially when a couple of dweebs can't get a joke.

I really don't understand why people here are so proud of the stick in their ass and their high horse. Now, since /g/ is being as rude and childish as the rest of 4chan, this oldfag has far more entertaining things to do. Counting the blades of grass outside my window for example, or perhaps I'll find some wet paint to watch dry.
>>
File: 1435529415128.png (53KB, 252x353px) Image search: [Google]
1435529415128.png
53KB, 252x353px
>>59115237
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.