[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The penny has just dropped. I was trying to softmod my Wii U

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

The penny has just dropped.

I was trying to softmod my Wii U to run unsigned code.
To get it to do so, I had to use a browser exploit. It opened up a video file and started running the unofficial code.

What the fuck?
Here is a security hole, typically the kind of thing that gives a Russian a stiffie and the kind of thing I try to avoid, but I'm actively hoping that it stays open so that I can make something I bought do what I want it to.

Non-free software and locked up hardware has made me resort to hacking my own hardware.
It feels like having to hot-wire your own car or something. This is literally fucked.
>>
>>59112606
Wii is better for homebrew and emulation if that's what you want.
>>
>>59112618
This.
The Wii is more open than a hookers vagina.
You can even replace all of the firmware with that of another region (for translations or better resolutions, etc).
>>
>>59112606
On newer cars the steering wheel locks when the key is removed. Wonder how he plans to bypass that?
>>
>>59112606
>Non-free software and locked up hardware has made me resort to hacking my own hardware.
Now you know how people felt about Windows 10.

It's 'so great', yet you need to run a bunch of batch scripts, cludges and hacks just to get rid of harmful shit that Microsoft baked in.
>>
>>59112751
Sounds like Android
>>
>>59112995
android is a little different
the shit isn't locked into closed source binaries --you can get builds without the shit

windows doesn't come in non-shit form
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.