[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The password problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 400px-IRL_the_game.jpg (48KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
400px-IRL_the_game.jpg
48KB, 400x600px
Cloudflare leaks passwords all over the place and I have to basically change every password I have just to be sure. It makes me wonder... If I can't rely on one password for every website. And if I can't rely on one password manager which could someday get hacked or simply cease to exist. What alternatives are there? Pen & paper storage? Is that the state of our technological advancement ?
>>
>>59109972
>No monthly fee
>Except for all the taxes of course
>>
>>59109989
fuck off nigga
>>
>>59109989
and tons of "micro" transactions.
For instance you technically don't need clothes but the NPCs will lock you up unless you buy some.
It's a P2W game, where the top 10% of players own 90% of the in-game assets.
PvP is effectively only available to government welfare queens AKA military.
>>
Only a fucking retard would use an online password manager.
Just use notepad nigger.
>>
File: Vocative-comma.jpg (17KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
Vocative-comma.jpg
17KB, 400x276px
>>59110023
>>59110233
Don't American schools teach the vocative comma anymore?
>>
>>59110233
so when ur computer gets hacked or accessed by a friend, they can steal everything
>>
>>59110282
>friend
>steals everything
>>
>>59110281

America is asleep right now.

Probably some third worlder with English as his second language.
>>
>>59110074
oi cunt watch it
>>
>>59110293
Just a prank bro
>>
>>59109972
Use a local pw manager, encrypt the data base and back it up if you're paranoid.
>>
>>59109972
keepass 2 with browser plugin
>>
>>59109972
>And if I can't rely on one password manager which could someday get hacked or simply cease to exist
Bullshit argument. Just pick an open source password manager using sane, standard formats. I'll give you a hint: keepass(x)
You'll be always able to recover/migrate their database no matter what
>Pen & paper
literally the worst possible solution

Besides, ISO 27001/27002:2013/2015 already requires for password (or "other identification mechanisms") to be renewed periodically (no longer than 90 days for pci-dss compliance). Updating you identification mechanism should be ROUTINE. Keys are better than pass-phrases and if you use a password manager it should be locked with (also) a keyfile or an OTP/OATH generator like Yubikey (there are open variants too, like nitrokey). 2FA may help to cover the SPoF scenario
>>
>using a password manager

What if NSA or police see your database and demand you give them the master password or they will jail you? If you give them your master password they have access to every account youve ever made
>>
>>59110588
>le NSA with a Court Order scenario
"I've forgotten my password"
"Oh, are you saying that this database has only a couple of entries? I wonder how it happened"
"The password is correct, but the accompanying keyfile is corrupted. Sorry!"

No different than having no password manager at all, except it's actually secure.
>>
>>59109972
>no monthly fee
What is rent and food?

>massive world to explore
It's a pretty boring world; there's no unknown/undiscovered regions, the locations are getting more homogeneous by the second, and trying to do anything fun will usually get you banned.

>incredible NPC AI
>implying

>over 56,400 character archetypes
But you only need one; qt genki grill

>Fully PvP
That you can't turn off and there's no sanctuaries? Fuck off, gankfest.

>Highest resolution graphics
But the disgusting character design ruins it.
>>
>>59110379
whats the best browser plugin to use for keepass with firefox and/or chrome
>>
>>59110862
keefox
>>
>>59110312
A Pole?
>>
Why would Cloudflare be leaking your password? Why would your password be on a Cloudflare server? I don't think you understand how these things work.
>>
>>59111326
maybe read up on what happened before you talk, moron
>>
>>59109972
>fully PVP
This used to be good until all the f2p niggers came in and ruined everything with their ganking OP crap.
Plus they just forcefuly kill you at the end so that you dont get too OP.
BS.
>>
>>59110700
>>59112298
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>59109972
Pen and paper was the thing people used before these """""""online"""""" password managers exist
>thinking your password is safe online
>>
What's the site for checking if they used cloudflare again?

Googling literally "Does it use cloudflare?" gives me nothing good and I've checked 4 pages back.
>>
>>59114923
>Forgot the trip on
Shit, ignore that.
>>
>>59109972
passwordstore.org
>>
>>59110281
Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.
>>
>>59111251
>>59110862
No use passifox. Much better
>>
>>59114923
what site do you wannt to lookup?

it's on github but I just cat the output and grep the site cuz it's a billion times faster than ctrl f in web browser
>>
keepass2 vs keepassx?
keepass2 looks like shit in my de
>>
>>59110281
>Doesn't use Notepad Nigger for his offline password management
You should consider it, it's got some neat features under the hood.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.