[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did they only invent this shit in order to sell books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Dlang.png (21KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Dlang.png
21KB, 256x256px
Did they only invent this shit in order to sell books?
>>
Go > D > C++ > Java
>>
File: 1479153606347.jpg (97KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479153606347.jpg
97KB, 800x800px
>you will never give her the D
>>
>>59097814
It was invented to be a fixed C++ in the way that C++11/14/17/... are slowly attempting to be, but it shat the bed by baking in GC.

They tried to backpedal by adding the 'nogc' directive, but it was already too late by then, since they picked up almost no userbase.

It's a shame, since it could have otherwise been a decent language.
>>
>>59099253
>decent language
>struct and classes instead of stack/heap keywords
>>
>>59099316
What is wrong with you
>>
>>59097814
Considering the severe lack of online resources, I'd say yes, OP.
>>
NEVER learn a meme language
>>
>>59100595
I actually know about language design, unlike almost all other people, including Not-So-Bright.

Now the problem with that if you want a structure to be used as both you have to define it as class and struct. Great job.
>>
>>59097814
>reimplementing C++ ABIs
the absolute madmen
>>
>>59097814
They made it because c++ was such a poorly designed language that it took to the late 90s to get a up to standard compiler.
>>
File: 1478126785637.jpg (46KB, 603x797px) Image search: [Google]
1478126785637.jpg
46KB, 603x797px
>>59099253
>a feature I don't like is enough to make it shit for me even if it's just optional and I can disable it at will
>>
>>59101034
Except you can't even use the standard library then.
>>
File: wut.jpg (32KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
32KB, 400x283px
>>59101092
Why would you wanna disable the GC if not for systems programming and how would you be able to use a standard library for systems programming?
>>
>>59101132
The answer to that, is literal autism.

>>59097814
D was a response to C++ being hard to implement eventhough everyone "liked" it. Everyone was too proud and vain to understand that Ada was the language they wanted, but refused to let (them) tell them how to write segfaults.
>>
>>59101198
Ada is too verbose.
>>
>>59101254
It's really not. Just because it uses words instead of symbols doesn't make a language verbose.
>>
You could browse D's mailing list/forum, or you know, try using it.
>>
>>59101358
>MMXVII
>mailing lists
Did they just defrost those guys?

Don't they know we have stuff like Slack these days?
>>
>>59101034
It's baked in everywhere.
They don't even have normal arrays/vectors, they have GC'd "slices" as their fundamental linear collection abstraction.

And since all of this stuff is opt-out, it violates the entire principle of "don't pay for what you don't use" held dearly by systems programmers.
>>
D is good.

Everyone in this thread confirmed for never coding in it.
>>
>>59101254
Nice meaningless buzzword, my dude.
>>
>>59102800
I did, though.
Gave up when it turned out only DMD can compile about half of the libraries.
>>
>>59103972
Welcome to /g/.
>>
I just want to chime in and say I have been programming a large project 99% in D and it is so nice. Its like a dream.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.