[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Technolo/g/y interviews

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: microsoftdevs.jpg (54KB, 615x394px) Image search: [Google]
microsoftdevs.jpg
54KB, 615x394px
Hello /g/,

I heard that some tech companies ask """"creative""" questions like if you were really small how would you escape a blender, how to do fizzbuzz, etc. This is fine and all and I feel confident that I can accomplish these tasks, unfortunately I was told to expect to perform these tasks for the HR interview with Microsoft tomorrow.

So what gives, /g/, I've read that some perfectly capable coders have been rejected despite answering everything correctly because, despite being correct and efficient, it wasn't """""company correct""""".

When I go in to Microsoft on monday for my interview with HR and they ask me to traverse a binary tree, should I pull my pants down and take a shit on the floor to show that I can fit into Microsoft's corporate culture?
>>
>>59097278

What?
>>
File: jibunwo.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jibunwo.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>59097278

Ok, 10 years in HR being in charge of hiring at a Silicon Valley IT firm (I won't say which one but it recently was renamed on the stock market to a type of children's soup made by Campbells from something that sounds like a funny expression to do with eyes starting with a letter in the alphabet between f and h)

listen, these questions about traversing a binary tree, and other such bullshit isn't about actually testing you for hiring.

It's their way to screen out white males from employment.

They give you these basic shit free-form questions, then it establishes a "justification" for not hiring you. the followup call goes something like this "We really liked you, in fact all the managers who reviewed your answers liked them. However one manager did not like how you answered part of your question and doesn't believe you'd fit in. Thank you for applying!"

The answers a woman and minority give don't matter as long as they can answer the question, it's the white males who get "screened" out by this process, and thus we can claim we're "diverse".

The only times a white male gets through this gauntlet is either if he blows us away OR he's referred to us by a boss OR we've already met our minority/female hiring quotas.
>>
File: 1487849398647.jpg (198KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1487849398647.jpg
198KB, 1080x1349px
>>59097638
I'm polish and slavs aren't white. Do you think I will get the job?
>>
>>59097278
Dude, download that book cracking the coding interview

The author describes and shows some examples of questions and tasks at Microsoft

If I remember correctly you should say that you like a loot Microsoft products from the simple ones to the more tech advanced . Shit like o I really like word and the other day I was using SharePoint and active directory shit was so cash
>>
>>59097638
What fantasy. Keep telling yourself that thats true as an excuse for your own morbid social inferiority. They aren't inventing tricks to weed out "the white male", that's some /pol/ paranoia bullshit.

Some sort of senior HR director from Google joins 4chan at 7:30 in the morning to explain this ridiculous /pol/ echoing conspiracy? Describes Google as a "Silicon Valley IT firm"? There's someone "in charge of hiring" at a 30k+ person organization? Hiring what? What team? Which region? What was your exact title?

You're fucking delusional.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.