[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is the simpliest way to start a job as a helpdesk? I well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1486508969382.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1486508969382.gif
2MB, 400x400px
How is the simpliest way to start a job as a helpdesk? I well know linux and winshit troubleshooting and simple things like configuring lan etc. So I have only know basic shit.
What shall I learn first and where can i find good materials?
>tl:dr neet seeks job to start in IT
>>
Call random people and tell them you're from Microsoft. Make sure to use an Indian accent for authenticity.
>>
>>59097050
Bad idea. You should become an anime girl instead.
>>
>>59097117
I think that it not gonna work in my country.
>>59097175
Can only suffer with dreaming about this.
>>
>>59097196
You can do it though Anon-kun, I believe in you :3
>>
>>59097050
Sell your ass for 50 bucks a pop
>>
Bumping for some serious answers
>>
>>59097050
START TRANSITIONING.
EVERY HELPDESK NEEDS FEMININE PENY.
>>
>>59097346
You missed the serious train a long time ago. You should've gotten serious about working instead of being a NEET. You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>59097400
>long time ago
I lost only 3 months already.
>>
>>59097414
Too long
>>
Start a business of fixing broken desks
>>
>>59097196
Try looking up in some insurance company or any place that is bound to have very shit systems. Make sure to learn a bit about ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONS, mail clients and Active Directory.
The applications part is just so you can recognize the name and pass it to the next level without wasting your time.
Oh and get some IT certs.
>>
Apply everywhere, try to get an internship
>>
File: 1455387352091.png (814KB, 830x720px) Image search: [Google]
1455387352091.png
814KB, 830x720px
>>59097050
well I'm in IT, took a bit of work to get here without a college degree but I'm here.

1) Know your shit - frankly knowing linux won't get you any bites, it's windows knowledge that will get you in the field. Head over to THG forums and start answering people's IT questions for a year. You'll learn a few things at the basic level

2) Volunteer your IT expertise to charities. The poorer the better. Generally speaking charities work with old donated EQ, their needs are basically to keep everything running with bubblegum and duct-tape, do this for a string of charities for a year or two. This will pad your resume a bit and make it possible for you to actually get a paying job in the field.

3) Find an IT firm hiring, work for whatever they want to pay you doing whatever they want you to do no matter how basic it is. You'll probably make min wage and get exploited badly but you need this on your resume for the rest of your career. Furthermore you'll get a chance to branch into Server maintenance and bigger network infrastructure and will see more viruses and shit. IT is basically a field with 3 main skill sets needed to make a career in. SERVER-NETWORK-VIRUS. That's what separates uncle Jim who knows computers and the actual IT pro. You need to pad out your knowledge. You also need to learn how to deal with customers, and solve IT problems when someone has a clock on you.

4) once your resume is filled out a bit, now you can start looking for that IT "dream" job, which will pay you solid money, and you can do in your underwear from home, Like I'm doing right now (yes I'm on the clock... well I get paid salary, but I'm still posting this from my home in my underwear).

Too many people in their mothers basement with passing knowledge of IT stuff has made this a rough field for newcomers to come into. But if you can persevere you'll get your foot in the door.
>>
>>59097414
>3 month employment gap
Into the trash it goes!
>>
File: 1477284854054.png (984KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477284854054.png
984KB, 1920x1080px
>>59097443
>>59097496
Thank you Anons, will do
>>
>>59097050
People skills
>>
File: susjojmom.jpg (35KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
susjojmom.jpg
35KB, 960x540px
>>59097508
>>
>>59097253
Go back to /biz/
>>
If you speak a language besides English, you can apply for helpdesk support jobs for other languages.

There are tech hubs which always look for multilingual people, for example in Ireland and eastern Europe. Its easy to get one of these jobs, and they provide good career opportunities as well.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.