[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got a new pc, been using it for a few weeks now but thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: received_1305639706175583.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
received_1305639706175583.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
Just got a new pc, been using it for a few weeks now but thinking about wanting to upgrade the graphics card from a 2 gig to maybe a 3 (its a Geforce gtx 660ti). But I'm also being told that I have to upgrade my mobo as well (its a asrock 990 fx extreme 4), but I'm not sure where to begin, it can run games like skyrim maxed out but I want to be able to run newer ganes. My case is a NZXT phantom 820.
>>
>>59094837

I went from a 580gtx to a 1050ti and didn't have to upgrade my board. who told you need to upgrade mobo?
>>
>>59094864
there is a large number of complete fucking idiots who think they are experts in PC's now because MUSTARD RACE GAMING
>>
>"new" pc
>660 ti
What
>>
>>59094922
I'm guessing OP bought it second-hand. You don't need to upgrade the mobo unless you're basically building a brand new computer.
>>
>>59094837
Why not just get a better pc to begin with
>>
>>59094837
>uses vram to determine gpu performance
Shit I forgot what that feels like after moving up to a r9 390. 8gb of pure execellence.

You don't need to upgrade your Mobo to use a better GPU in your case. But 990fx CPU's are far too long in the tooth to keep up with the modern enthusiast and even some "mainstream" cards, so you'll experience bottlenecking as you move up.

What cpu do you have op?
>>
File: received_1234884719931383.jpg (202KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
received_1234884719931383.jpg
202KB, 1280x960px
I'm not sure what CPU it is he gave me all the boxes that all the components came in, I have a picture that shows the cpu, I Wong know till I get home (at work rn)
>>
The seller said I would need to upgrade the mobo to a higher wattage
>>
>>59095361
Start > right click my computer >properties > screen shot.
The print screen button. And past into ms paint.
>>
>>59095388
Not "my" computer***
Just computer.
>>
>>59094982
>But 990fx CPU's are far too long in the tooth to keep up with the modern enthusiast and even some "mainstream" cards, so you'll experience bottlenecking
Same thing can be said about most of Intel's range too.
If he;s got an 8xxx chip not the 6300. He'll be fine.
>>
/g/ is not your personal tech support

>>>/wsr/

or at least >>>/g/sqt/
>>
>>59095361
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWNA9q8vOT4
*Wheezes*
>>
>>59095563
>bumps the thread.
Can you be any more of a pretensive faggot?
sage It goes in the option field. Fucking dumb cunts.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.