[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/csg/ people... explain this shit to me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: credit card phone.jpg (89KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
credit card phone.jpg
89KB, 750x750px
/csg/ people... explain this shit to me.
>>
What is there to explain?
>>
>>59094755

Why get a mini-card phone when most people can't do without the full functionality of a smartphone?
>>
>>59094784
Why get a smartphone when you only need a phone?
>>
Can it play Doom?
>>
>>59094807

Why get a phone when you can make smoke signals?
>>
>>59094784
Most people who want a dumb-phone are people looking to "disconnect".
>>
There may be occasions where you don't want to be carrying a heavy and expensive smartphone with you and really only need a mean to call people and be reached by others.
That's when this comes in handy.
Don't need to be that smart to think about this.
>>
File: 1460365189161681.jpg (130KB, 1000x555px) Image search: [Google]
1460365189161681.jpg
130KB, 1000x555px
>>59094592

Well, it's a small, thin and light phone, I use it when I can't carry(and don't need to) a smartphone.

>Not showing the A E S T H E T I C Aiek E1 as example
>>
what credit card phone
>>
>>59095029
Yeah, disconnect for a full week then back to their smartphones.
It's just another symptom of consumerism, people feel that they need to buy their way out of their problems. Or you could be smart and easily just disable 3G/4G/Wifi and use your current phone. Both are exercises of self control whether you buy a dumbphone or not, because you could easily just start using the smartphone features again.
>>
>>59095190
>>59094592
Is the screen area the small area where you can see save and clear or is it the entire gray area?

Because what the fuck is the point of a phone that can barely display a phone number?
I mean, I am all for feature phones but we had good feature phones in the past.
High end feature phones that costs $70, could display long text messages and had fancy features such as displaying battery percentage, external storage for a small music collection, two week battery life, wake on alarm stuff like that.

Why is this market gone?
I have to spend a lot of money just to avoid having to compile my own OS when there is updates.
>>
>>59095540
It's just the small area, but the font is small. Yes, you can see a full phone number, but just 3/2 lines of a text message.

The point for it to me is to act like a disposable phone, that I don't have to give a fuck in a concert or something similar. Was cheaper (15$) than a Nokia 3310 and is smaller. It's not the best, but it do the job that I wanted.
>>
>>59095029
Actually a large number of people looking for these kinds of phones are the elderly who only want something they can use.
>>
>>59095540

Many of those small card sized phones support BT SAP so you can use them like 2nd line for your regular phone if it doesn't have dual sim capabilities.
>>
>>59094925
Why make smoke signals when you can use a conch shell horn?
>>
>>
>>59094592
Here's the thing you autist
Smartphones that are supposed to be "always on" have shit battery life, because smartphones are forgetting the "phone" part
Just because you played with your snes emulator little much no one can communicate you, no sms no call no whatsapp you're fucked if you need to talk to your friend or if you need to dial 911
With this phone plus 20k powerbank i can't think how long it will last but it'll be few months, just carry this with your smartphone and you're master race now
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.