[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simple Math

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1457885042253.png (86KB, 367x408px) Image search: [Google]
1457885042253.png
86KB, 367x408px
Lets say, Ryzen lands solidly at Broadwell IPC (which would make it within 5% of Kaby). I know certain questionable leaks put it AT Kaby IPC, but I can't credit it just yet. If true we're looking at the wrong thing.

The 8 core ryzen are nice. They call into question why anyone would EVER buy a 2011v3 chip again for sure. As a direct competitor it appears the whole 2011 platform was BTFO by this release.

What really should be on people's minds right now is the r5 launch at the end of march.
This will all be $200-$280. A 6 core 12 thread chip that can clock well for i5 price? Does this not mean you'd be a fucking idiot to ever buy an i5 or even a non K i7?

What about the r3? This is a 4c8t chip at <200. this is a chip which will trade punches with the non-k i7s out there. Why the fuck will anyone ever buy an i3 or i5 again?

Seems to me this whole launch will require massive price restructuring (and even lineup changes) from intel to get back into the game. Because right now, there shouldn't be a single chip with 8 cores or less out there at ANY price point you could suggest an intel over an AMD for.

>muh IPC! muh Clock speeds! muh i7-7700k!

All ok points. But ask yourself this, Is it worth it to pay $350 for an i7-7700k, when you could pay 290(?) for an r5-1600x, Overclock it up to 4.5ghz and come within 10% of the single thread performance of that intel? While DESTROYING that same intel in multi-thread?

What if you can get a r3-1300x for $180, overclock it to 4.5ghz and get within 10% of that i7 in both single and multithread performance?

How about on the high end, and grab yourself a r7-1700x for $30 more, get x3 the cache, x2 the cores and threads, and a chip that will clock to 4.5ghz to basically achieve parity at single thread performance while more then doubling the multithread performance. for 30 MORE!

There is no market for anything in the intel lineup anymore once the full Ryzen launch hits.
>>
>What if you can get a r3-1300x for $180, overclock it to 4.5ghz and get within 10% of that i7 in both single and multithread performance?

I'd love to agree, but there is nothing as of yet that indicates the Ryzen chips will overclock well. In fact I imagine the lower end parts will get shafted pretty hard in this respect.

I was playing with the though of preordering a 1800X to replace my heavily overclocked 4930k, but I'll probably wait until anandtech or some other reputable source have reviewed it. Essentially I think the upgrade would be pointless unless the 1800X overclocks enough to give a 25% increase in single threaded performance, meaning roughly 200 in CB15.
>>
>>59093708
frankly, I'm already completely sold on ryzen if I can get them to 4.2ghz. that's the speed my haswell is stuck at.

I used to have a FX8320, which was at a good 5ghz overclock, lost the pc (long story, seriously), ended up building this haswell shit with an i5 in it, and have regretted it since. Turns out the way I use my PC, i need more hten 4 cores. Cause that old 5ghz clocked fx cpu was noticably better then this i5.

Well 2 years of suffering with this shit is over. I was going to go with skylake but that was underwhelming and expensive, kaby was a joke. Getting an 8c16t cpu at haswell IPC for 350 is a no brainer to me.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.