[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scams etc. when selling or buying tech?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: moom.jpg (115KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
moom.jpg
115KB, 404x600px
I was scammed for the first time a few weeks ago.

> Have old QNIX korea monitor I don't use anymore.
> DVI port is a little glitchy and sometimes loses contact.
> Decide to give away since it takes up space but I feel bad thrownig it away since it's probably easy fix with little soldering.
> Put up as free but defective on local craigslist variant.
> Note very clearly what is wrong with it and why it's free.
> Phone calls 5 minutes after listing went up
> man asks in thick arab accent if monior is still there.
> Meet up outside my house.
> meetahmedandkhaled.png
> they look critically at monitor noting and complaining about scratches in bevel etc.
> i tell them it's free they don't have to take it.
> "No money we make trade"
> okaywut.webm
> He pull out thick fake gold bracelet.
> I really don't want it but they Khaled starts getting intimidating.
> i cave in and take their trinket
> they put monitor in rusty fiat and drive away.
> give bracelet to my sisters brat on family dinner that weekend
> become best uncle for like 3 weeks.
> khaled (or ahmed) calls and screams about me being dirty thief because monitor doesn't work.
> hang up
> will probably get my throat cut in the next week.
>>
that kind of sucks but my sympathy is limited when I read "outside my house"

what were you thinking? this is like common sense 101 being neglected here, never meet at your house, always a public place

the ONE, single time I have ever met a person on the internet - you know what I did? I drove there hours before I was supposed to be there and scoped the place out, then showed up there later on and he was none the wiser (it wasn't his house, was a public place)

silly OP
>>
>>59088197

I don't know. They already had my phone number so they know where I live anyway. The whole reason was that I was to lazy to take a huge ass fucking monitor to the nearest recycling station.

I guess I expected the act of giving away something would entail less problems.
>>
Never give free shit to gypsies, or arabs.
Never, ever even deal with gypsies, or arabs.
>>
File: cash_money.jpg (57KB, 1024x573px) Image search: [Google]
cash_money.jpg
57KB, 1024x573px
If they show up, pull out your trusty AR-15 and send them to Allah. Even better if you can do it on .223 Day.
>>
Such is life in multicultural paradise.
>>
You should have said something about an extra piece you forgot to get when he started getting intimidating.
Instead you called the police and this would have been avoided.
>>
>>59088720
*You would have called
>>
>>59088149
>he did it for free
>>
>>59088720
Hello police? There is a man outside trying to give me something. No, he is outside. I don't want it no. Yes I could technically just not go out again. Hello? Hello?
>>
>>59088611
I don't get the endgame though. Maybe they didn't understand it was free?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.