[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you use Linux?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1484453982599.jpg (88KB, 488x587px) Image search: [Google]
1484453982599.jpg
88KB, 488x587px
Why do you use Linux?
>>
Servers
>>
File: TAswGkp.png (27KB, 602x500px) Image search: [Google]
TAswGkp.png
27KB, 602x500px
>>59083803
Gentoo
>>
muh freedoms
>>
>>59083803
runs snappy on 5400
>>
>>59083803
It just werks
>>
>>59083803
windows 10 is garbage:
-uninstalls programs without asking you
-icon text is left aligned
-rebooting to update takes a long time
-m$ decides to cancel a weekly update without reason leaving its users vulnerable
-spying. yes i can take great lengths to remove it, but why is it even acceptable to let them try to spy on you in the first place?
-no package manager

i'll stop there but the list goes on. too bad i need windows 10 on my desktop pc for gayming
>>
runs well on shit laptops
>>
More control over my system.

On one hand, it can be a pain in the ass to use. On the other hand, I actually feel like I'm learning by fixing problems AND the various that I get are fixable. If you have audio issues in Windows....you're basically fucked and have to rely on some obscure bullshit to *maybe* help you, since it's behind an .exe (and a potential update to your driver is behind a paywall). But if you audio issues in Linux, there's a good chance that someone else has had your problem -- or you can just read the documentation.
>>
>>59083803
It's what I used since I was a kid. Windows just seems strange to me.
>>
>>59084622
>yes i can take great lengths to remove it,

Good goy! Spread that disinfo!
>>
>>59084939
I was going to say "dont be a faggot and have a real discussion instead of memeing" but I remembered where I was posting. so okay, you cant remove ALL of it but "enough" since its nothing but a gaming desktop.
>>
>>59083803
For my personal file server. Also, I use it on an old netbook that I found for word processing.
>>
Computer is weak. Windows runs like shit and consumes half of all system resources at idle. Linux uses only 10% across the board.
>>
it's better all-around for development since the OS is an IDE
>>
>>59084939
You can disable it, but it neuter's the OS's ability to function. You're better off not touching it in the first place and take one of two options: Use wangblows 10, Use anything else.
Source Me.
>>
>>59083803
Because it's not Wangblows.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.