[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smartphone Hardware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: lzhxkiaeoaxynqwh.jpg (207KB, 800x600px)
lzhxkiaeoaxynqwh.jpg
207KB, 800x600px
Is it possible to physically remove the internal storage on a mobile phone and replace it with a similar one or flash a supported version of Android or IOS on to it?
>>
>>59078463
theoretically yes
>>
Of course it's possible.
You can't do it though.
>>
>>59078476
How is it not possible?
>>
>>59078471
Would the chip have to be for a specific PCB though?
>>
>>59078463
If you're able to find an chip that is supported by the bootloader and the os, and willing to reball it then yes.
>>
>>59078609
Interesting...thanks anon.
>>
>>59078487
If you have to ask the question in OP, you're not capable of achieving it. The people who have the aptitude to achieve it know exactly what kind of effort it takes to do that and why they don't want to invest that effort.
>>
>>59078463
It may seem possible but there might be more block than you may expect.
Even if you can do a 1:1 copy of the flash on to another, if the phone requires the old CID for something you're still screwed.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.