[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work from home gorror stories...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: astro dog.png (1MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
astro dog.png
1MB, 1200x900px
>Be out of 'tech' legit work for 2+ years and travel(but have prior experience & cert).
>One year ago, I decide to go legit and need a job-but only one I can find is HomeDepot...
>As soon as Trump is elected I get hired for the job I had worked towards for 4 months...
>The job is as a 3rd party ISP tech support- the svc is awful and to make it worse- they bought up millions of lines that are shit just for the subs(w/ literal no redemption).
>To make it worse, we have to sell and no one gives a shit about successful solution- most that are premoted seem to transfer the most.
>I found the only way to deal with customers is authoratativly like a father or such(& w/ no mercy unless shown)- I wont take insubbordination.
>If you come @ me w/ a problem I will try to solve regardless to strict TOS(unless I feel played).
>They comply or have nothing- or we try to sell them (per guidlines)...
>We dont ask to be here (but it sure seems like hell)...

Is this just how it is is in tech? Are there any legit entry level tech jobs? I wasted alot of time and only have my A+ and Network+, should I choose another field? Anyone know who's hiring?
>>
So 'gorror' and my name as 'noko9' are all typos- so I am no secretary..
>>
>>59076763
Yep. It's all shit. Real IT is mostly grunt work
>>
>>59076838
Unless of course you land a managerial position which is fucking rare and requires a sick resume + Bachelors degree
>>
File: FUTURE-ESC- dark.png (2MB, 1600x816px) Image search: [Google]
FUTURE-ESC- dark.png
2MB, 1600x816px
>>59076838
Would you say I look somewhere else with my edu/creds(which ain't much)? I am good at this but I am starting to wonder- they literally are hiring any one for my job- should I look else where or is there good specification?
>>
File: astro 1234.png (619KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
astro 1234.png
619KB, 800x600px
>>59076873
I never finished college- I finished all of my prereq but never really decided on a major.
I guess i could go back but dont know what I want to go into- which makes college look like a money pit,

>sounds like an author's memoir
I want something that interests me but I am known for be indecisive
>>
>>59076927
I don't know you too well so I can't give you specific advice, but if I had the chance to go back I would definitely look into working in the Business Information systems fields, or Finance if your math skills and intuitive thinking skills are on point, that's where all the money is. Setting up access points and installing antennas in 100 degree weather is shot work but at this point it's all I can do for now.

If you have an option definitely get out.
>>
>>59077037
BTW this is coming from someone who has been working in hardware and network support for half a decade now
>>
>>59077037
I appreciate the feedback- but my math skills are lacking and isnt finance just eco w/ biz major?-it seems tech support is probably gonna be folded into basic svc if not fully automated. I am scared just dont really know what to do.
>>
File: blue sm.png (1020KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
blue sm.png
1020KB, 750x750px
>>59077084
Honestly- I am afraid of going back to college- not for Rodney Dangerfield reasons- I am just afraid of blowing the little money I have- do you think I should still go? or look at certs?
>>
File: dog small.png (271KB, 600x483px) Image search: [Google]
dog small.png
271KB, 600x483px
Its mostly just me replying to myself anyways- I am just wondering if this is typical of work at home TS- or if there are any good stories/companies?

>mods- not trying to spam
>>
>>59077200
It really depends on whether or not you think going to college will improve your life, if there's nothing you are genuinely interested in pursuing then you probably shouldn't go, at that point it would indeed be a money pit. As far as certs go, they are really only useful if you don't have relevant work experience in the job you are applying for, they are basically padding for your resume. A lot of the times for entry level IT they will give you on the job training so long as you have something on your resume that shows you have a work ethic (college, internship, volunteer work, etc..)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.