[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Duper Rare Awesome Chocolatey Fudge Coated Mega Super PC Contest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: SAGE.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
SAGE.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Ok /g/, I'm bored, so I wanna give you guys a challenge. I want you to come up with the most expensive PC build that you possibly can. Winner gets the satisfaction of being better than everyone else and maybe a dick pic.

>Rules:

1) Your build needs to be functional in a hypothetical situation where you're rich enough and retarded enough to purchase it. Basically, try to make sure it could be suitable for home use by some rich piece of shit with too much time and money on their hands.

2) List the cost of each part and where you got it from so we can easily verify that you aren't cheating.

2a)It must be possible to actually purchase any of the components in your build online

2b) Please use Amerifat sites and USD for the sake of simplicity

2c) If you cheat somehow, I'll start a petition to have gook moot permaban you, you cocklicking titfucker.

3) You are allowed to factor in the price of VESA mounts, cables, etc. that are required for your build.

4) Remember, we're going for cost, not performance. The PC just has to function properly. In other words, this is about who can come up with the most expensive build that just werks™, not about whose build performs the best AND is the most expensive.

5) I may make up extra rules at my own discretion as we go along. Fuck you. (I probably won't.)

>Barebones template for convenience (add on to it as needed):

Motherboard: [quantity] [model] [cost per unit] [link]
CPU: [qty.] [model] [cost per unit] [link]
Memory: [qty.] [model] [cost per unit] [link]
GPU: [qty.] [model] [cost per unit] [link]
PSU: [qty.] [model] [cost per unit] [link]
Storage: [qty.] [model] [cost per unit] [link]
Case: [qty.] [model] [cost per unit] [link]
Display: [qty.] [model] [cost per unit] [link]
Keyboard: [qty.] [model] [cost per unit] [link]
Mouse: [qty.] [model] [cost per unit] [link]
Speakers: [qty.] [model] [cost per unit] [link]
Things that go in drive bays: [qty.] [model] [cost per unit] [link]
>>
Can I wrap three kilometres of audiophile-grade stereo wire per each channel of a 7.1 layout around a solid block of hand-polished ferrite?

What about a bunch of kilo gold ingots on a mesh garden table for a desk?
>>
>>59070525
Why the FUCK audiphiles still use analog transmission? Use digital transmission and put the fucking DAC on the fucking speaker

Better than spendiing $20K on fucking cables, assholes
>>
>>59070431
Also, does it have to be "a" PC? Can we have a distributed environment and Beowulf or Plan9 several hundred cases into submission?
>>
>>59070525
I don't know, can you? :^)

I hadn't thought about desks. I don't think I would consider the desk as part of the build, unless you can find a desk designed specifically to be used as a chassis for your components. Cables for whatever sound system you're using, however, are essential for the speakers to work, so definitely go nuts with those. Keep in mind that you need to be capable of actually purchasing three km of cabling, though.

>>59070584
That's the point of this thread, you cock goblin.

>>59070596
I have to admit that I don't know the details of how those function, but based on what I read, it seems to combine the processing power of multiple systems. I would say keep it to one actual PC, but you could figure out the cost of making a distributed environment for fun, if you want to.
>>
>>59070584
>3km * 8 wires = 24km
>20kUSD
That'd be less than a buck a yard. Even less per conductor. Are you poor or something?
>>
>>59070647
>I would say keep it to one actual PC
Does a 40u rack chock-full of drives and lots of SCSI count? How do we limit it? One motherboard?
>>
>>59070731
I supposed I should have thought this out a little bit more. I think one motherboard is a good idea. Seems like the safest option, and it should probably keep things relatively close to what I originally had in mind.
>>
I can't remember if OP can bump his own thread. Guess I'll find out.
>>
>>59070665
>24km

At this scale I'd lay out fucking optic fiber and start a motherfucking ISP not dick around with audiophile bullshit
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.