[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ryzen 7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (1B, 486x500px)
Untitled.png
1B, 486x500px
I mostly use my PC for Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro work.

My cousin wants to buy my PC and I can sell it for a good price. Only $300 less than what I built it for over a year ago.

I want to build a system around the Ryzen 1800x with water cooling so I can overclock.

How many days should I wait until I can see some reliable benchmarks for AE and Premiere Pro? Most benchmarks are for games and I don't care about gaming.

btw my aim is to build a very quiet system as I live in a house in the middle of an island where there is no sound but the birds and the wind. If you have any advice, it would be highly appreciated.
>>
File: workstation.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
workstation.jpg
1B, 486x500px
bumping
>>
The high end Ryzen processors are showing in professional benchmarks (cinnebench, passmark shit) to be extremely high performers, hitting above 5ghz, i think one of the other threads on here is talking about a record breaking cinnebench score

Id say wait a week or two for more consumer reviews, more benchmarks, just to make sure.
For quietness, invest in a good noise reducing case, no window, minimal venting except for fan vents. BeQuiet is a bit more than just a meme, their cases are extremely good at noise reduction and come with fantastic fans. Though more of their silentwings fans wouldnt hurt

Pump noise may be an issue with water cooling, though it may be required with a high overclock, i suggest a quality AIO with some nice fans in that scenario.
A full custom loop may be better because you can isolate and dampen the pump noise in a case basement, and then youre just left with 2-6 fans on a radiator, but then you also may have to incorporate a second rad for the gpu, or just use an AIO cooled gpu instead
Another option for noise reduction is a big block case with fucking huge fans, 200mm fans push a lot of air and are near silent

I admire quiet builds, i use to have a silverstone sg 11b with easily 6 fans inside it, 6 hard drives, r9 280x, bitch vibrated like a playboy bunny's dresser drawer
sounded like a jet turbine
>>
>how many days do i wait until i see benchmarks relevant to what i do

you wait until you see those benchmarks

wtf kind of question is this
>>
>>59070015

Thank you so much for the detailed response anon. You are a nice /g/entleman.

>>59070051
The release date is March 2nd. I'm asking to see maybe some reviewers like Linus may get the CPU earlier to test. I'm not that informed to know if this usually happens or not, so I'm asking here.

This is important because I need to know if I'm selling my PC to my cousin or not ASAP.
>>
I would say sell it. The money you are saving on the 1800x vs what you (probably) paid for the 5960X should offset the $300 depreciation alone. If you sell it you might be PCless for a while since the chips drop in March and if you are on an island, shipping might be a while. I would see if you could fit a 1080 (or wait for Vega), bit you will not miss much with a 1070. Since Summit Ridge has no IGPU, getting a GPU should be your first priority. AMD blew my expectations out of the water.
>>
>>59070088
testing has already begun on the ryzen chips with engineering samples, the nda lifts on the 28th, you MIGHT have accurate, relevant benchmarks as early as 1 minute into the 28th. but nobody can say anything right now, and nobody can guarantee anything right now

just tell your cousin to wait a little bit more. you might be able to gauge performance on AE/Premiere Pro based on the results of other similar tests.
>>
>>59070277
>>59070258

Ok thanks. I will wait a few days. Really hoping to see actual After Effects / Premiere Pro benchmarks.

As far as GPU goes, I gotta do some research. Seems like Adobe favors nvidia. So I might go with a 1070. AE mostly uses CPU, not GPU, so I don't really need anything better.
>>
>>59070258
i forgot about mentioning something about a gpu upgrade for op
i think op should wait for the new amd cards to come out, it would be a while, but stick with a 970 until then
and if theyre shit, invest in a proper professional card, like a firepro w9100
or some of those new wx 7100's
>>
>>59070386

From what I know so far, Adobe applications work much better with nvidia cards.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.