[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this image still true?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: pil.jpg (78KB, 450x794px) Image search: [Google]
pil.jpg
78KB, 450x794px
>>
>>59064103
t. webdev AKA faggot
>>
C# is objectively the best programming language there is. There's little to no space for arguments against that.
>>
File: 1417482001281.png (273KB, 518x700px) Image search: [Google]
1417482001281.png
273KB, 518x700px
>>59064503
> ECMA and ISO standards of C# have been updated since C# 2.0, since then only Microsoft's specification exists.
> i++.ToString works, but ++i.ToString does not. (You have to use parentheses.)
>Parameters are not supported for most properties, only indexers, even though this is possible in Visual Basic .NET.
>The conventions are difficult to code review and deviate from other popular language conventions (of similar style)
> Almost everything is in pascal case (SomeClass, SomeConstantVariable, SomeProperty)
>Unable to differentiate between 'extends' and 'implements' without using Hungarian-like notation (IInterface)
>Promotes slop (variant types and LINQ, while powerful adds a lot of clutter)
"out" parameters (with syntax sugar)
>You can't override a virtual or abstract property that has a getter OR a setter with one that has a getter AND a setter, making life quite difficult in the realm of property inheritance. (This does not apply to inferfaces though, read http://stackoverflow.com/questions/82437/why-is-it-impossible-to-override-a-getter-only-property-and-add-a-setter.)
>You can't perform any (even simplest arithmetic) operations with objects inside a generic method (e.g. T plus<T>(T t1, T t2) { return t1+t2; }
>You can't assign a new value inside a foreach loop (e.g. foreach(int i in vec) { i = i+1; }
>Implementing IDisposable properly is too complicated. (In particular, a naive implementation will not dispose if the finalizer is called by the garbage collector.)
>>
>C
>Pajeet
?????
>>
>>59064103
pajeets don't know how to C imo
>>
File: gangsta_terry.png (304KB, 616x450px) Image search: [Google]
gangsta_terry.png
304KB, 616x450px
>numpy != Python
If you are referring to that paradigm where you use numpy to do everything in vectorial form with ufuncs then that is so god-like that doesn't even fall anywhere on the list, otherwise it's just a retarded classification
>>
>>59064103
No, Indians don't do C/C++ and they do do C#.
>>
>C / C++
>pajeet

>Swift
>bad

The fuck?
>>
>>59064503
There is no best language. There are only certain languages that suit the jobs better than others and languages that are objectively bad.
>>
>>59064103
> Java at any one level.

Sorry but this isn't really true.
Java is a large, vast ecosystem.

All depending on how you use the language, what libraries and frameworks you deploy, etc. your experience can be anything from "this is actually rather neat" to full leaky curry-shit tier code.

And R is now a business/enterprise tier language. There's a reason Microsoft released their own version (Up to 40% faster! MS wouldn't lie, would they?) of the language that integrates with SQL server.

C# is still "I'm writing a desktop program" language that is similar in syntax but who's cultural values are so different from Java's that they're actually very different experiences to work with.

PHP is not enterprise anymore. Fortran is science-tier. Go is webdev tier.
Groovy is for writing makefiles for java, scala and clojure projects.

Lua is for scripting game engines.

I don't think that this list is all that accurate at all, to be honest.

Also, who started that meme that pointers are hard?

Haven't they played human resource machine?
>>
>>59065053
> Do everything with vectors
So basically R?
>>
>>59064103
>php
>not pajeet tier
>>
>>59064503
As someone who has been profesionally Javaing:

> C# doesn't have proper enums. They're dumbfuck ints.
> C# has one and only one proper build system, IDE, dependency handler (and it's shit), etc.
The canonical way to make a web app in C#-land is ASP.net. Which is like JSP but not as cool.
> Every single feature you want gets added, including overriding operators.
And yet Lisp is too difficult because you can change the syntax. Do you faggots NOT GET IT yet, or do you have to wait until foo == bar can mean anything depending on the types of foo and bar?

This seems like nitpicks, but it really isn't. It's the problem with the whole fucking C#-culture.

> Interfaces are prepended with I.
Prepending interfaces with an I is missing the entire fucking point of having an interface to begin with. You're not supposed to care whether the thing you get is an interface or a class. They're substitutable. So adding hungarian notation to it is utterly retarded.
And it's one of the things that C# developers will defend.

> foo?.Method() is a thing.
Nulls are bad. Making it easy to use nulls as return values makes it easier to use them. You want less nulls, not more.

Java added Optional. C# has the ?. operator.
doing something like:
customer?.GetCheckingAccount()?.GetBalance()?.ToString() should not be that easy.
Something is clearly fucking retarded here.

In Java the equivalent would be painful and it SHOULD BE. Because the above code is painful. Punish people for writing curry-code and the world will improve immeasurably. Just look at Java 8 projects vs Java 7 projects.

In fact the biggest problem with C# is the whole herd of mediocre retards that think that the language is perfect. You only see the problem with other languages. Meanwhile, C, C++, Java, SQL, Prolog, Lisp, etc. programmers admit that their languages have issues. Why not you faggots?
>>
>>59064103
>no perl
>no perl6
wtf is wrong with you?
>>
feelio when triggered tier
>>
>>59064103
>tfw suit and tie to work every day
>lead java dev
>>
>>59065794
Perl = granddad in a retirement home tier or some Pajeet that has to maintain his legacy code.
>>
>>59066758
i remember when i was relatively active on PerlMonks years ago, when people still used it, and it was 75% Pajeets and 23% bioinformatics PhDs and they both would post layout breaking amounts of horrible code, and you weren't allowed to be mean or rude to them because community standards....
>>
>>59064533
why is green text not displaying properly on my minimal Gentoo install?
>>
>>59064533
>>59065442
https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r13&hw=ph&test=plaintext&l=3bv3lp
>>
>>59064103

>Numpy Python, MATLAB and R
>Nerd

This seems accurate, but it seems kinda weird to separate Python by a module.
>>
File: brains.jpg (258KB, 857x1189px) Image search: [Google]
brains.jpg
258KB, 857x1189px
>>
>>59064103
I just know C and assembly for the 1337 hackzz
>>
>>59064103
What language is that next to C# on the right?
>>
>>59067740
F#, motherfucker
>>
File: beardguy.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
beardguy.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>59067596
>>
File: ywyrHntjPZw.jpg (25KB, 491x585px) Image search: [Google]
ywyrHntjPZw.jpg
25KB, 491x585px
>>59064103
I use(d) numpy, python, C, C++ (in uni) and java.

>Is this image still true?

It never was true.
>>
File: tfwno.png (298KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tfwno.png
298KB, 500x500px
>>59064103
>loaded q
Fugg off mr baitfish.
>>
>>59067596
It always was.
>>
>>59064103
It was never true.
>>
>>59064103
How's C# better than C++ if I want to get a job?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.