[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skype replacement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.png (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
19KB, 300x300px
Well, after the jews took over Skype it has been going to shit pretty fast, and after the end of this month I will no longer be able to use/log in to 6.16 which is the last decent version with the sort of old layout.
They have also removed "direct file transfer" with the newer ones (post 6.16), uploading everything to a server, then letting the receiver download it, limiting filesizes and types of files you can send.

What's a good replacement for skype that lets me call, im and transfer files directly like the old skype?

Preferably something not compatible with smart phones.

Am I fucked?
>>
I've wanted a skype replacement since the government started recording all skype calls with microsofts help. However I haven't found anything that lets me have group calls with a mixture of skype clients and telephone clients in multiple countries.
>>
>>59062380
Your fucked, Wire is ok to use, its open-source, p2p, "end to end encryption" and all that. Has a dumbass 25mb file transfer limit and is compatible with smartphones
>>
>>59062459

This would be my suggestion too.

Maybe discord also works but I haven't used it properly.
>>
>>59062459
>>59062601
Well fuck.

I really dont get the point of having a size limit if it really is p2p tho.

I tried Curse Voice yesterday, it has a 52mb limit, but it is the same bullshit as with jewsoft skype, it uploads to a server and you get a link for download. Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>59062380
XMPP
>>
>>59062943
Why don't you use mega or something like that to transfer the files?

Using Skype for that seems to me like playing with fire considering they are a botnet.
>>
>>59063312
Yes, but sharing innocuous things is okay and convenient.
>>
Discord, give it a chance chat system is great and group as well as persona one on one calls are great
>>
>>59062380
What files do you want to send? I never had the problem
>limiting filesizes and types of files
Really even files without endings or completely wrong type get uploaded just fine.
Tell me, I want to try it too.
>>
>>59062977
This nigger gets it, problem is that normalfags need shit like screen sharing and multi user video chat
I am not sure if any XMPP client can do that while being pretty much plug and play like skype is.
>>
>>59062380
>Skype replacement

>yahoo messenger
Why did you ever leave anon?
>>
>>59062380
Matrix with a nice front-end like Riot or something.
>>
You are a fucking antisemit. Use MSN messenger - it fits perfectly to your ugly face.
Skype is crap - but not because of "jews".
>>
>>59063662
>yahoo
shiggy diggy doo
where are you
we got some work to do now
>>
>>59063312
The quads on knowlage got it right there >>59063333

>>59063407
I haven't tried it in over a year (or 2 maybe) but ther was problems sending exe or rar I think.
Sometimes I send people windows iso's, big rar files with shows, concerts etc. But also pictures, music and documents and so on.

>>59062977
>>59063534
Yeah I'll probably try it out, but the problem is what you said.. Some of my friends are normies, and convincing them to use something complicated are no chance.

>>59063351
I'll try it.

>>59064079
msn got put too sleep years ago when they cucked skype, I whould have used msn to this day.
>>
>>59062455
>>59062459
>>59062601
>>59062943
>>59063351
>>59063662
>Discord fags please >>>/v/

The true answer is matrix.org
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.