[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best music creation software for Linux?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1487269594395.jpg (45KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487269594395.jpg
45KB, 640x640px
What is the best music creation software for Linux?
>>
>>59051859
renoise, bitwig, or milkytracker.
>>
>>59051867
whoa you replied in 46 seconds
thanks, checking out renoise
>>
>>59051859
if you want foss, i've fucked around in qtractor, found it pretty nice for relatively simple stuff.

the thing about linux audio production is that with jack, you can route audio and midi from one program to another, so you can either get an all-in-one DAW (there are only a few and they really vary in quality) or you can run a lot of little standalone synths, drum machines, samplers, sequencers (there are tons and they also vary greatly in quality) and interconnect everything. either way, you need a realtime kernel for the lowest possible latency
>>
>>59051953
Renoise is great as far as trackers go, bitwig is a meme and milkytracker is actually fucking garbage
Real response here: If you're not willing to learn ReNoise, odds are there's no Linux based saw you will find worth learning. I recommend a 4 core computer with 16Gb of ram and an SSD, and an installation of Windows along with a Windows DAW of choice (I use Ableton mainly)
DAW options are really limited to outdated tracker on Linux, and even Renoise which has had great support over the years just isn't as capable (and of course tracker user-unfriendliness won't help either if this is your first time isn't a tracker, or a DAW at all)
>>
>>59051859
>music creation
>linux
oh boy i've seen it all now
>>
Can someone explain to me why MPT is the only piece of open source software ever created to not have a Linux port?

Renoise is sick though.
>>
>>59054373
Renoise is as good as it gets on Linux, and to be honest I don't think that's THAT good as a primary daw
But there's still latency issues without a special driver (just like with Windows also)
>>
Reaper works well with wine. Strangely it works better on the linux partition of my laptop than my windows. not foss tho
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.