[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible that manjaro is the /champagneOfLinux/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

Is it possible that manjaro is the /champagneOfLinux/?
>>
>>59051119
>arch for people who don't understand arch
no
>>
>>59051196
Stop being such a stuck-up retard.
>>
no, Mint is, /g/ is just to hipster to admit it

>hint: people don't need to know the entire champagne manufacturing process and brew their own to appreciate it
>>
>>59051119
I always recommend manjaro for people new to Linux, best distro there is for normies.
>>
>>59051119
quite out of the question
>>
>>59051318
After I decided I was to lazy to set up and maintain arch without a DE I switched to mint. Now im using manjaro because i realized mint is just a more desperate version of ubuntu
>>
>>59051119
I'm using Antergos now
What makes Manjaro so much better?
>>
No, Debian is
>>
>>59051666
Its more reliable than anything I have used so far and you can reference the arch wiki which was my favorite thing about arch lol.
>>
>>59051119
>/champagneOfLinux/
More like the /cheapWine-likeAlcoholicBewerageFromUnderTheCounter/
>>
File: Miller-logo.png (201KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Miller-logo.png
201KB, 750x750px
>>
>>59051207
but he's not being stuck up.
Part of the thing with running Arch is that you've set up your system. This should mean you understand how things work, how things were set up, how things were configured.

Arch vets their packages less than some other distros, the trade off is that you get packages much faster. Add into this the AUR which is an "At your own risk" situation, there are a lot more situations where you can get a system not booting post update.

Now with this in mind, If you take away the requirement to know how to do maintenance to your system, it makes a very scary environment, full of potential breaks and users who don't know how to fix their own issues.

With this said, I run Arch as a daily driver. I have only had a few breaks over the last eight years, but I also keep my setup pretty simple, and I don't really have any exotic setups. Arch is also piss fucking easy to install.

So instead of calling him a stuck up retard, how about you educate yourself you fucking idiot
>>
>>59051119
is it possible that you r a faggot ?
not possible, its a fact
>>
>>59051830
If something is factual it would also be possible
>>
>>59051792
Faggots like you and the faggot you're defending are the true cancer of the Linux world.

Also, Arch is for scriptkiddies who can't into Gentoo/LFS.
>>
>>59051792
>Part of the thing with running Arch is that you've set up your system.
>he fell for that meme.
Arch is the epitome of the lazy distro. "I can't be arsed to make an actual distro, I'live it in the middle for the user to do it and call it "power to the user". They even dropped anything but x86_64, that's how lazy they are.
It's unbelievable they even have 1 user.
>>
>>59051119
No. Pacman is shit. Editing mirror lists. Answering yes/no for each package to be installed. Fuck that.
>>
>>59051792
>With this said, I run Arch as a daily driver, how about you educate yourself

Cringe
>>
>>59051119

>Xfce

May as well kys honestly.
>>
Just install Arch.
Pathetic Manjotards.
>>
File: nope.gif (496KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
496KB, 500x255px
>>59051196
"shit! i updated without checking the wiki/frontpage and cross referencing the CVEs.......Well i guess i will spend tomorrow fixing my install" Fuck that, not interested, Arch linux can suck the dick
>>
>>59051119
>manjaro
>shittiest version of arch you could possible use

yeah, no buddy. The fact that it uses it's own failed repos for some stuff and it randomly breaks (even more so than Arch alone) makes it a piece of shit. If you can't install Arch use antergos or arch anywhere for the dumb down installation and no new stupid bugs.
>>
>>59052324
not OP, but
man yes
>>
>>59051739
but I can do that with Antergos now and it feels pretty reliable
what's the real difference if any
is Manjaro more stable?
>>
>>59054256
Antergos and Manjaro are very similar.

Only real difference is Antergos uses the standard Arch repository whereas Manjaro uses its own which they test before updating.

So with Manjaro you're a little less "cutting edge" which in my opinion can be both an advantage and a disadvantage.

I've tried both and in practice they are essentially the same.
>>
>>59054365
yea but is Manjaro more stable?
I migth consider switching if they're otherwise similar because I need a stable distro for work, but don't want Ubuntu trash
>>
>>59053091
Lol this guy knows whats up
>>
>>59054256
>what's the real difference if any
Manjaro defaults to Xfce, Antergos defaults to GNOME, Chakra defaults to KDE.
>>
>>59051666
Tried both, got a black screen on boot. Manjaro wouldn't even finish the install before it croaked.

I think my laptop just doesn't like linux. Any suggestions for a distro which has a high probability of not shitting itself?
>>
>>59053091
Name me one time this has happened
>>
>>59057196
It happed to me one time
>>
>>59057196
it happened to me two or three times.
arch is a joke. the devs are all autists and the users are 90% babbys who think they're cool because they use a CLI package manager
>>
>>59051119
This_is_bait.jpg
>>
>>59055062

Not him, but I haven't had any issues with Manjaro so far. Everything I want works correctly and it doesn't crash.
I've only used it for about two weeks though, so take with a grain of salt.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.