[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you manage your productive time? Do you just decide on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: stopwatch.jpg (65KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
stopwatch.jpg
65KB, 900x599px
how do you manage your productive time? Do you just decide on x hours per day and hit a stopwatch whenever you feel ready, or do you adhere to a strict schedule, or do you just wing it day by day?
>>
>>59050364
i look at the clock and wait until the day is over.
[spoiler]i cant wait to die [/spoiler]
>>
I sleep during the day so it's over sooner
>>
As things come in (unless they're quick enough to be done immediately) I jot them down. Paper is fine but a task manager program is better. This is because the next step entails going through that list when time permits and assigning dates/times to those items. It's a totally arbitrary exercise with times for completion estimated as best I can. (Large work is split into bite sized tasks.) The accuracy of estimation isn't so important because I only assign 3-5 tasks per day in any given context (work, home, etc.), depending on what else might be going on. I should always have enough time to tackle a few discrete tasks.

On the day itself, I start with whichever task I feel like. Sometimes there needs to be a particular order, while other times I can just choose to do the ugliest task first. I use the Pomodoro method to chew through tasks, either 15 minutes on/5 break or 25/5. That depends on the nature of the task and how available I need to be to answer messages/calls/people.

I pull all of this off with Wunderlist and the standard Android clock's timer function, as well as Outlook calendar at work to record stuff that's too far out to care about.
>>
>>59050364
The Holy grail to productivity is not to get up from your chair until it's done.

100% focus on delivering something measurable
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.