[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ryzen volumes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1487576544672.png (570KB, 800x844px) Image search: [Google]
1487576544672.png
570KB, 800x844px
How fast do you reckon ryzen will sell out?
I mean I see the r5 1600x going out of stock first.

>picture is bait
>>
>>59049195
Probably wont, what was it about the pc market declining or w/e

I mean with how the specs are going, and the prices it could be, AMD is back to giving intel a run for their fucking money and then some.

But yeah if anything that'll go first, it'll be that x varient of the 6core/12thread one.
>>
>>59049263
pre built desktop pc's are declining in sales but hardware sales are going up.
>>
>>59049263
>pc market declining or w/e
This was specifically for prebuilts. The reason they didn't mention enthusiast parts is because it was fake news clickbait garbage.

The market for PC parts is huge, and growing.

To answer OP-
Ryzen is going to sell out in every major retailer, but curiously not the smaller ones, almost as if intel is bribing the major retailers to go 'out of stock'.
>>
>>59049195
>using amd fx cpu makes you smart
it actually makes you a jackass since they can barely beat an i3
>>
>>59049318
How do you post here and not know about Zen
>>
>>59049318
">picture is bait"
>>
>>59049328
zen isn't out yet, so this is bullshit
fuck anyone who still recommends fx CPUs, they are hot garbage, even when they came out
>>
>>59049195
Assuming the die is 200mm2, and that they're getting around 70% good dies off of a 300mm wafer and using up all of GloFo's 14nm wafers for this (~60000 a month).

There should be about 48 million good dies floating around right now. Probably 2-3 million 8c chips, then 45M distributed through the rest of the stack.

I don't think we'll see any sorts of shortage, especially if they're also sourcing from Samsung as is rumored.
>>
>>59049355
>they are hot garbage, even when they came out
Wrong. When they first came out they were nuclearly hot untouchable chernobyl tier disasters.
The fix, piledriver, merely turned them into hot garbage.
>>
>>59049376
>I don't think we'll see any sorts of shortage

Kek
We'll see shortages in every major retailer. At least every major retailer that intel bribed anyway.

They have a long, deep track record of sabotaging competition with illegal practices and they aren't going to stop now
>>
>>59049195
>unironically thinking that Intel+Radeon>Ryzen+Nvidia
>>
>>59049355
got my 8350 for free about 3 months after it's release, overclocked it to 4.8ghz and ran it as my daily until earlier this month.

Definitely wouldn't recommend it now obviously, but when you get 4.8ghz stable back then, almost anything that wasn't singlethreaded ran smooth (especially with html5 not yet kicking off and flash was still using 50% usage on some 4cores)
>>
File: 1487686594774.png (379KB, 800x844px) Image search: [Google]
1487686594774.png
379KB, 800x844px
>>59049195
fixed
>>
>>59049457
I cant begin to fathom the incoming butt hurt.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.