[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can any of you /g/entoomen please fill me in on this unusual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5563.jpg (308KB, 1430x1693px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5563.jpg
308KB, 1430x1693px
Can any of you /g/entoomen please fill me in on this unusual front LED power connector?
>>
>>59045011
Well, what do you want to know about it? It's a molex and you use it normally to conduct power
>>
that pin layout is commonly used for PSU fans
>>
>>59045110
So since the motherboard has no spot for this to be connected I should obtain a molex to 2pin converter.
>>
>>59045233
or... if you're too impatient, just mickey mouse the fucker. Pair of scissors or knife and electrical tape is all you need.
>>
>>59045011
It's a cable with a positive and negative lead. 2 pin friction lock connector that is designed to only fit the connector with one orientation.

I suggest sticking paper clips into the sockets, and connecting alligator clips from your car battery to both of the paperclips.
>>
>>59045011
>It's a molex
Oh yea, it's that one connector they make.

>>59045011
Really though, if you google "fan connector" it'll get you what you need. Generally "Molex to fan connector will get you anything from Molex IDE to KK and beyond.

http://www.molex.com/molex/products/group?key=kk_interconnect_solutions&channel=products

^all you need to connect most shit you get on Amazon/eBay^

>>59045254
That's a "polarization key." Also, if you don't know what series of Molex that is and haven't already fucked around with your car battery, chances are, and I repeat, chances are, you shouldn't be fucking around with your car battery. Much better ways to fuck around with 12v, such as batteries and/or finding/buying a 12v wall wart.
>>
>>59045011
are you asking for a quick rundown?
>>
>>59045559
gee whiz thanks for the buzzwords and tripcode. What you are referring to as a "wall wart" is actually a transformer combined with a full wave rectifier.

I suggest plugging wires directly into the mains outlet and connecting them to your breadboard so you have plenty of electricity to work with. Just be sure to use a few current limiting resistors for safety. Remember, it's not the volts that kill you. It's the amps.
>>
>>59045011
Trim those fucking claws, niglet.
>>
>>59045011
Its just an LED connector. If your mobo doesn't have a place for it labeled LED or the like then I suggest finding an LED controller that lets you just plug it in so if you get more you dont need to buy even more converters
>>
>unusual
>generic as fuck 2pin probably 3.3v connector
>>
>>59045011
Just connect it to a 3pin fan connector on the motherboard.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.