[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some technologies you oppose and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (7KB, 178x178px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 178x178px
What are some technologies you oppose and why?
>>
Non-free software doesn't respect my freedom.
Digital restrictions management is defective by design.
>>
>>59044562
Social media, it's an excellent collection tool
>>
>>59044562
ddos dildos
>>
>>59044562

curved displays
>>
Social Media websites.

It's all about monetizing the "Cows" that use the service.
>>
>>59044570
>being literally a communist
>>
>>59044672
Who are you quoting?
>>
Cameras in your ass
>>
>>59044562
The "Internet of Things"
Its just a poorly masked ruse to get normies to install backdoored spy devices in every corner of their home so when the government wants to break in they can just look inside though all of your different cameras, listen though all of your mics, and then open the door that you installed some bullshit phone app to unlock it
IoT is 1984 levels of spying, and thats not even an exaggeration
>>
>>59044629
What's wrong with curved displays?
>>
>>59044698
Not that anon but learn to greentext
>>
>>59045954
Nothing, they're great as a replacement for multimonitor setups
>>
>>59044562
>Surveillance cameras everywhere
>gait recognition software
>ridiculously high resolution displays in cellphones
>IoT
>>
>>59044562
60hz Monitors, it is eye-cancer
>>
Node.js
I can understand javascript being grandfathered in to web browsers. We didn't know better when we were coming up with the rules for everything.
But now you faggots want to extend its influence and have a retarded javascript powered server, just because you're too lazy to learn a real language?
Fuck you all.
>>
>>59046325
Forget about the JavaScript powered server, even that's not as bad as using it and other JS frameworks for desktop applications.
>>
>>59046325
This
I actually thought Node.js was some kind of inside joke like "blinker fluid"
But no, its a real thing used in real places
God help us all
>>
>>59046325
What's even worse is that it some how infected the development team at Adobe, and now whenever you install Photoshop, you have two or three Node.js servers running in the background for Adobe's Cancer Cloud and auto-updater.

Adobe has become terminal cancer. We need a light weight alternative with all of the nice features. Gimp unfortunately lives up to its name.
>>
>>59044570
I don't have the energy to ask this is RMS, but how would do free anti-cheat systems?
>>
>>59046325
What I don't get is if you can't learn a real programming language how the HELL do you keep track of Javascript "types"? How do you keep track of everything without some sort of integrated documentation?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.