[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Networking Careers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I've noticed a lot of places around me that are hiring for network jobs will say

Required: Bachelors in CS/Science or equivalent field experience (usually a minimum of 5 years) required.

Which jobs do they want to see? What entry level positions can I stick with for 5+ years that will help grow my networking skillset.
>>
What about something like this?

https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=26059&siteid=5016&jobId=93939
>>
>>59044451
Your own house networking counts as a project if you design, project and install it all by yourself that is.
>>
>>59044508
Consumer networking devices work out of the box though.

It isn't like I need to configure a bunch of restrictions and settings on a router and switch that one PC is connected to.
>>
>>59044451
Look for Cisco certs
>>
>>59044960
>Look for Cisco certs

No shit anon
>>
>>59044451
pay the money to register an LLC and handle the necessary DBA requirements in your state/country, make a real website and setup a telephone line for it.

Then try to get work for your llc in your chosen field half-heartedly while marking it as previous experience on your resume. You don't even have to lie about it being a self-employment thing, it will make you more attractive as a hire.
>>
>>59044451
If you want new job opportunities ASAP, then you may need to resort to a heist. Look for the Department of State government buildings and steal all of the visa records. Either you negotiate with the government and profit off of this venture, or you destroy the records, ridding you of the foreign competition.
>>
Attend WGU.edu and get a B.S. with many certs in 6 to 12 months. Cost of attendance (INCLUDING textbooks and cert exam fees) =$3k/6months.

It is non-profit and was founded by governors of 13 states.
>>
>>59045174
Are you people not reading the OP, its implying you already have education and certs. OP is asking about good entry level jobs.
>>
There aren't really any entry level network jobs. Normally you are desktop support, and get thrown into the network stuff and eventually get promoted, or get a cert and promoted, or show you know stuff somehow and get promoted, or have already done networking for a while and get hired. You're just going to have to climb the ladder I think.
>>
>>59044567
I'm not talking about consumer tier hardware.

I don't have consumer tier hardware in my house.
>>
Working at a NOC is pretty comfy. Entry level rack and stack jobs at data centers.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.