[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did PC become mainstream?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: pc gaming.png (942KB, 1384x916px) Image search: [Google]
pc gaming.png
942KB, 1384x916px
When did this happen? Why do so many normies build computers these days? When I was a teen, my friends told me I was a weirdo for gaming on a Voodoo 5500 Pentium 3 computer instead of a N64.
>>
>>59043706
According to them it is cheaper on the long run and they could install mods on their games
>>
>>59043706
>Getting N64 instead of PC
Maybe in the US...
>>
It happened when consoles became gamingPC lite. Sure PC always had games, but they were usually different from the games consoles had. The change really started to happen at the middle-end of the PS3/Xbox 360 generation imo. Around that time, basically every game that came out on console was available on PC. Of the top 10 highest reviewed games(metacritic), 6 were console exclusives, 2 were PC games, and 2 were multiplatform. In 2012, of the top ten, only 2 were console exclusives, 1 was a PC exclusive, and the other 7 were multiplatform. Consoles had the same games as PC, but worse. The advantages of PC games began to become apparent to many people:
-better framerates
-better graphics
-mods
-cheaper games
-no paid subscriptions

The other issue that held people back from PC gaming was cost. By this point, PC building had become easier than ever. People also began to realize that PC gaming isn't that expensive. $700 for a pc that plays games better than a console and is also a computer allured many.

tl;dr:
-less console exclusives, more multiplatforms
-consoles got shittier compared to PC
-easier to build computers
>>
>>59043706

Consoles became less appealing because of how cheap it became to build a PC with similar or better power. Multiplatform games have also become much more common in recent years, driving more people to PC, because they can play their AAA games but with better grafix on PC. The internet also helped out by providing more easily available information on how to build your own PC, making it much less intimidating to normies.
>>
>>59043955
nice post bro
>>
>>59043706
Minecraft and Minecraft Letsplay'ers.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.