[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw want to code but have not been motivated to do it in years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: V9hTKEq.jpg (14KB, 600x238px) Image search: [Google]
V9hTKEq.jpg
14KB, 600x238px
>tfw want to code but have not been motivated to do it in years
>>
>relying on motivation

Try discipline
>>
>>59036467
>Try discipline

explain im interested
>>
File: g-side.png (260KB, 498x1480px) Image search: [Google]
g-side.png
260KB, 498x1480px
it takes a special kind of motivation
>>
File: wojack crying.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
wojack crying.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>59036628
>tfw i will never get the special type of motivation
>>
Why exactly do you want to code?
>>
File: 1487266763208.jpg (164KB, 688x719px) Image search: [Google]
1487266763208.jpg
164KB, 688x719px
>>59036628
>tfw either too lazy to actually do it or nothing to find to exercise my skills on because of retardation
>>
File: sexy_rms.jpg (73KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
sexy_rms.jpg
73KB, 640x426px
>>59036444
Make something trivial and rediculous that you find funny on a childish level. For instance:

>write (don't copy/paste) hello world in your old favorite language but instead make it say "butt fucker"

>write a script that changes all instances of "OP" on a webpage to "butt fucker"

>install gentoo in a vm with host name "butt fucker"
>>
>>59036512
Instead of relying on something as capricious as motivation, finish what you set out to do for the sake of doing. Without going back on your word.
>>
>>59036863
something tells me you enjoy taking it up the butt
>>
File: (You).jpg (125KB, 1200x755px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
125KB, 1200x755px
>>59036467
>>59036512
Not that guy but it's a skill you program into yourself (hhhhhehhe).
So you just try to do something every 30 minutes or hour until you try for more than 1 minute and then you're trying for 5 minutes and then you're trying for 10 minutes and then you're trying for 30 minutes and that's all the time.

Then you try in a way that actually makes progress, for 1 minute every 30, 29 being slow and grinding and you feel dumb and sad and confused and emotions are just going crazy, and then you're doing good for 1 minute and 30 seconds, then 28 min and 30 secs of more crazy bull shit, and then yet A FUCKING GAIN YOU ARE THERE HOURS LATER MAKING LIGHT YEARS OF SAFETY WHEELS PROGRESS AND YOUR CRIPPLED BALANCE IS ALL AT ONCE SHATTERED BY REALITY, YOUR EGO SUCCUMBS TO DEATH, ONCE AGAIN, TAKEN FROM YOU FOREVER...

>>Another twenty eight minutes later, eons of time and space have gone in the eternal cycles of life and death, until there is nothing left but cold death, an empty expanse where no life can sustain itself but your mummified half corpse and a lone terminal blinking in wait for its next command, twenty eight minutes later when the cold dead universe collapses in on itself in a perfect example of the law of thermodynamics.

>>UNTIL FINALLY YOU FEEL LIKE A MAN AGAIN AFTER YEARS OF SELF HATRED AND TEARS YOU RISE LIKE A PHOENIX UPON THE THRONE OF YOUR GLORY AND UNLEASH THE DAWN OF A NEW GALAXY IN NINETEEN LINES OF CODE, AND THE STARS ALIGN INTO AN OUTWARD SPIRAL OF LIFE AND LEARNING, LIMITLESS CREATION IS UNLEASHED...

...another 27 minutes pass in desperate isolation, and gut wrenching loneliness... all to begin again and again and again.

This is discipline. It is tradition.
>>
>>59037256
This is an example of my autistic discipline. First you fail when succeeding, then you succeed when succeeding.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.