[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USB to cloud

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: USB symbol.png (5KB, 475x228px) Image search: [Google]
USB symbol.png
5KB, 475x228px
I'm looking for a device to transfer files from computers, that are not connected to any networks, to cloud. My university lab is full of equipment that run on ancient computers that are not connected to either the internet or wifi networks. I'm constantly forgetting to backup the files from the USB I use to transfer data files from those machines to my own computer, and I also keep forgetting my USB drives to the computers because the ports are in fucked up spots.

Do things like USB drives that automatically upload their contents to cloud or nearby wifi connected devices exist?
>>
>>59035965
They exist
https://www.sandisk.com/home/mobile-device-storage/connect-wireless-stick
But they are 100% botnet
>>
>>59035991
But that is kind of the opposite of what I'm looking for. I'm looking for USB drive that you can plug into machines and always have the contents be updated with cloud.
>>
>>59036141
you can do this with an android phone
>>
>>59036654
But like, more compact and without USB cables?
>>
>>59036765
The hell are you talking about
>>
>>59036788
Do you mean that Sandisk stick?
>>
I don't know of any, but you could probably build a fairly compact one
>>
>>59036765
how the fuck to you expect to get data off a completely non-networked computer directly to the cloud without a cable?
>>
>>59036883
With a USB drive capable of connecting to either wifi or the internet. I'm asking if such devices exist since google returned nothing useful.
>>
>>59036883
He's talking about a USB-powered single board computer with an excess of onboard flash storage and a WiFi chipset. The PC will recognize a partition of the memory as a USB storage drive. Then after some trigger (time, updated files, etc.) the SBC will upload those files to some kind of online data store. It would have to be configured separately to connect to the WiFi (which the PC cannot because it lacks a wireless adapter) and know the location and credentials for that remote data store.
>>
>>59036934
Do you know if such commercial devices exist?
>>
>>59037135
This was me:
>>59036855
>>
>>59037155
Ahh okay.
>>
So we are talking about this >>59035991, but without botnet?
If you're not willing to screw it together yourself (Pi winki winky), I don't see it to happen, OP.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.