[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best distro for a not so beginner beginner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 4L_FKqAvDrC.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
4L_FKqAvDrC.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
I have tried distro like Ubuntu, mint, elementaryOS, any of those beginner distro. But after using them for a while, I find that I'm not really learning any cool new Linux only stuff, just kind of web browsing and getting programs. Any good distro that'll push me to do shit but without the copy and paste process that is Arch?

pic unrelated
>>
install gentoo
>>
What cool new Linux only stuff are you talking about?
>>
>>59033305
You are fucking stupid. Do you actually think you are not allowed to learn what commands that you use during Arch install do?
Is this what neo-/g/ has become?
>>
>>59033305
If you want a turbo-challenge, Arch or Gentoo.
If you want a little bit of a challenge, Porteus or another lightweight distro.
>>
>>59033305
Force yourself to use the server or netinstall version of Ubuntu.
>>
>>59033305
manjaro maybe
>>
At no point in time after 2005 did it matter to "learn any cool new linux stuff". The point of a distro is to not worry about this and to do that job for you. All of that BS is community loser memes.

>do that shit but without copy and paste
So if you were to do the same thing with a different distro it would be different? this is being on the road to becoming a distro hipster

Nobody cares about linux they care about what apps for business it runs like apache and sql. If you spend more time maintaining the "system" without actually doing anything, you're a loser. Note how no major vps provider encourages you to do this and they don't offer autism distros because you'll just end up complaining and blaming them. This is why digitialocean dropped arch. There's literally no point in it besides being a source of butt diddling on IRC for losers.

this all exists because loser dropouts should have killed themselves but they didn't and then spend 15 more years starting these shit memes about "having to learn linux" but they don't really want you to do that because then they wouldn't appear cool. It's literally a circular nothing meme club. support an arch suicide program at your university today.
>>
>>59033305
install source mage
>>
File: crypts-ccl.webm (1MB, 960x482px) Image search: [Google]
crypts-ccl.webm
1MB, 960x482px
>>
go with debian

if you NEED bleeding edge, fedora

as DE, i like xfce
>>
>>59034042
Anon has a sudden attack of common sense

This red pill is too big for /g/ to swallow
>>
>>59033305
>without the copy and paste process that is Arch

literally anything you do can be viewed as a "copy and paste process" if you don't pay attention to and learn from what you're doing/customize to your tastes, so you have to change this attitude before you'll get anything out of any distro
>>
>>59033305
Only the install could be described as copy and paste for arch, and thats if you're too stupid to not put any effort into trying to understand what you're typing. Just install arch and pay attention to what you're doing, or if your time has literally no value, install gentoo. Arch should take no longer than 20 minutes to install.
>>
>>59033305
>beginner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umQL37AC_YM
>>
>>59033305
install slackware
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.