[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC Building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Custom-Built-Gaming-Computer.jpg (417KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Custom-Built-Gaming-Computer.jpg
417KB, 1000x1000px
Yo, I want to build a badass PC for gaming and just for personal usage but...I have no money and I don't know too much about computers. I ended up watching this-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqCYwd7ihlQ

And I was fucking utterly confused yet $500 is $500 to build something that I'm hope I'm happy with. Help please on helping me plan to build something good?
>>
>>59027529
Be sure to install Gentoo

Hahahahhaa, see what I did there guys? I`m le epic oldfag /g/ poster
>>
File: zIy2CCO.jpg (94KB, 2015x737px) Image search: [Google]
zIy2CCO.jpg
94KB, 2015x737px
>>59027529
Reminder. This is the same channel.
>>
>>59027529
Wait a bit for Zen.
>>
Oh shit, I remember that case. NZXT Phantom 410

I built my first system in that.
>>
>>59027806
This. Also wait for vega.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (46KB, 722x496px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
46KB, 722x496px
don't listen to that guy or his build

>kaby-lake i3
>h110 mobo
>no ssd

fucking thing won't even work out of the box, consider pic related or do whatever.
>>
>>59027849
I have what you're talking about, not sure if it's a 410. This seems to be a new model. The door is not slanted on mine
>>
>>59027529
>>59027806
>>59028745
When it comes to making a budget PC, waiting 6 months for Raven Ridge would be a lot better.

4c/8t + a GPU that's probably about as good as a 470 on the single die, probably for under $200.
You could make a PC that'd probably get you twice the FPS in just about any game than that one in the video for $350-$400 instead of $500.

Or if in a rush, wait 2 weeks and get
$129 1100
$50-$70 motherboard
$40 for 8GB DDR4
$40 for a decent 80 plus PSU
$30-$80 for a case
$120 for a 480GB SSD
$170 for a 8GB RX480
That's $579-$649 which is more than the one i the video but it's like legitimately 3 fucking times more powerful.
He's not even using a damn SSD in that build. The SSD is what's making the big price difference in mine. But why would you not? $120 for a 480GB is not bad and will make your OS and games load so much faster.

Fuck I'm actually angry at how bad that video is. It's only 2 weeks old yet so shit.
>>
>>59029226
This is actually a pretty good build, but I'd still wait for Ryzen. The Ryzen 1100 is definitely going to be worth twice the cost of the G4560 unless you literally can't spend over $500 because that's all mommy will give you.

Also the 120GB SSDs aren't very good value. The 440-500GB ones give better value for the dollar.
I think I saw a Crucial 480GB or 525gb or something for only $95 a few days ago. That's twice the cost for 4x the storage or more.

Part of the problem with that build is the motherboard costs too much. Intel motherboards are a lot more expensive than Ryzen ones. And it'd be easier to get 4GB of Ram and buy 4GB later if you have to to free up more money for a larger SSD and stuff.

Also you can get a 8GB Sapphire Nitro RX480 for cheaper than that 4GB 470.. nvm that build actually sucks.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.