[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some Windows bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1438321564976.gif (861KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1438321564976.gif
861KB, 245x180px
>Tried to rename a video file earlier
>explorer hangs so I restart it
>THE REMOTE PROCEDURE CALL FAILED
>wonderful
>rcpss server is started
>restarting doesn't fix it
>run SFC and CHKDSK
>IT WORKS
>But wait, Now folders are loading indefinitely
>Still can't rename folders

The last time this happened I reinstalled windows, is this bullshit caused by one of the recent windows updates? or did I just get a bad ISO?
>>
>>59025268
Sound more of a dice failure than a windows error.
What is the smart data on the hdd?
>>
>>59025287
Drive failure*
>>
disk is dead, backup what you can from a live os.
brace for impact
>>
>>59025287
I considered that at first, but there's two seperate drives, the main one being the SSD. Crystal disk says they're both fine.

The initial video I tried to rename was on the SSD, and the infinite loading applies to either drive. My only guess is that it's something to do with a windows update, the index got corrupted somehow, or malware. Because I never had this issue prior to my initial reinstall.

The reason I suspect index is because I had my libraries linked to the other disk instead.
>>
>>59025268
There should be good software to fix the index, which is reasonably likely to be the problem.

CEO guys are so busy making computers girl-flashy and girl-pansy that the basic functions are dysfunctional. They don't prioritize quality and honor. They can't focus on the "need to haves" over the "want to have," to be pretty, shallow. But people create what they are. Their shoddy work is a presentation of who they are on the inside; honorable as a man, or dishonorable.
>>
you should disable indexing on the ssd it isn't necessary
>>
>>59025622
I'm just rebuilding the index now. It'll probably take all night with how much shit is on that drive. It's just hard to believe that the events leading to this could break it that easily.

Also I forgot to mention earlier, but when investigating the remote procedure call failure, a lot of people mentioned changing how it starts within the registry. But the registry wouldn't allow me to create new keys either.

Malwarebytes didn't turn up anything, so if rebuilding the index doesn't work I'm probably just going to find a new ISO and try again.

>>59025696
Yeah It's been disabled on the SSD, the other drive is indexed though.
>>
>>59025730
fair enough good luck
>>
You have some codec installed that is processing the file in explorer (like to make the preview or extended properties) which is locking the file rendering it unable to rename. The video may be corrupt, too. Does this sound possible? Have you tried terminating explorer and using the command line to rename the file?
>>
>>59026197
That's a possibility, the file was made a minute before I renamed it. But I don't see how that would cause the search to go funky with every other file.
>>
This might sound stupid but check the sata wires. I've had this problem before and it was the shitty sata cables unplugging themselves because of vibration.
>>
>>59026499
I'll check it out, but it's a laptop so its just making sure the connection is snug.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.