[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why should i use Firefox Nightly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: firefox-at-night.png (1018KB, 2485x2340px) Image search: [Google]
firefox-at-night.png
1018KB, 2485x2340px
So why should i use Firefox Nightly?
>>
>>59025100
Some guy last night said to use Firefox developer edition so far I'm loving it.
>>
>>59025100
I don't know. That's up to you, anon. Startpage around and see the differences between versions or other browsers and make your own choice.
>>
>>59025100
You shouldn't. Updates way too often (of course, they're nightlies).

Just get Aurora, they call it "Developer Edition" now, it's the release channel in between beta and nightlies so you get new features but they aren't that unstable.
>>
>>59025965
b-but cutting edge features!
>>
Wouldn't recommend it. Video playback was pretty shaky
>>
>>59025100
>best icon
>fastest version of firefox
>gets speed improvements months before other channels
>just as fast as chrome
>update whenever you want
>>
if you want to crash constantly and things changing around all the time.
>>
>>59026045
How does it work with addons, and how often does it break shit?
>>
>>59026045
Can you really delay updates?
>>
>>59026538
Currently it works with all add ons. Once it gets to version 57 I think that's when the problems start.
You can also let the browser install unsigned extensions, which you need either dev or nightly for.
I've been using it for like 4 months now and it's crashed maybe once. Just a stable as any other browser.

>>59026843
When you install it you have a choice of also installing some kind of background updated service. If you decline that then the browser only updates when you manually update it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.