[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Formatting a phone like a hard drive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

So I have this piece of shit phone, an LG Escape 2. I hate this phone with a burning passion.

Think of everything a smart phone should do even on the most basic level and this phone does not do it.

To make matters worse I decided to lend this phone to a friend in financial trouble while I got a chinkphone so I proceeded to wipe the thing only to find it not only wiped all the data, but also the ability to FUCKING TYPE.

The keyboard just would not show up, I even bought a cord to connect a physical keyboard to it and it still didn't work.

No work-around worked to get through the LG sign-on so I simply gave up, but today I had an epiphany, is there a way to maybe format this phone and re-install a version of android without all of the LG bloat on it? Like installing Lubuntu on an old netbook?

I've tried googling all sorts of stuff but all I'm finding is tutorials on how to perform a factory reset and that's what got me into this situation in the first place.

So is this sort of thing possible? Or is it a fool's errand? I would like to know what you think.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>59024342
I would really appreciate a tutorial of some kind, I sure as shit can't find any.
>>
>>59024329
lineageos.
>>
File: 1487010067625.jpg (286KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487010067625.jpg
286KB, 1280x720px
>>59024363
Google LG escape 2 root and custom ROM how to

Simple shit yo
>>
>>59024398
No I mean I actually cannot access the phone, I'm stuck at the proprietary LG log-in screen thing with no way of exiting due to the fact I can't type anything.

I'm looking for a way to completely delete the entire phone's rom and install a new one from the computer.

lineageOS looks promising, i'm looking into it right now.
>>
Flash the phone back to stock and then flash to a custom ROM. The fact that you are even asking this question shows that you are too incompetent to pull this off.

Google xda and your phone name. Now Fuck off. This isn't your personal tech support.
>>
>>59024363
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>59024441
What I mean is, if you look up some how tos some generally have a tool that just requires that you plug the phone in
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.