[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can I do with a Thinkpad T42?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 3219.jpg (30KB, 377x337px) Image search: [Google]
3219.jpg
30KB, 377x337px
What can I do with a Thinkpad T42?
>>
shove it up you're butt
>>
>>59023685
Is it all stock spec?

The smallest version of ubuntu and use it as a typing machine OR DOS machine with Windows 98.

Anything else will be lagged the fuck down. Enjoy!
>>
T42 main machine fag here
Install windows xp, get 2gb of ddr and a 2ghz pentium m, and it makes a decent shitposting machine
It also handles some older games, i imagine it could do more but i only have the 32mb ati mobility 7500

It plays empire earth, the sims 1, halo 1, cs 1.6, hotline miami, and other old titles
480p youtube is doable
With a new battery i get around 3 hours of battery life

For maybe 60$ total, not a bad machine
But for 100$ you can get a t410 thats significantly better
>>
computing
>>
>>59023685
install debian + i3

and then realize that it's just not small enough to fit in your bag.
>>
>>59023761
>The smallest version of ubuntu and use it as a typing machine OR DOS machine with Windows 98.
christ almighty dude these aren't that destitute, they were $2,000+ systems that shipped standard with XP, and they'll run it great with any contemporary applications you want on top of it, win98 would probably shit itself on hardware that fast anyway

what the fuck is wrong with you people constantly misleading OPs of these threads like this, there's a lot of problems pentium M hardware is more than capable of solving if you would like to use one
>>
>>59023954
I always wonder whats up with those replies
"Yeah, a machine from the mid 2000's is totally only usable with windows 98"
Fuckin retards
My T42 outperforms my chromebook from 2011 in every aspect except for battery life
It beat out a much newer one too
They can run windows 7 just fine, xp can be better for resource saving though
>>
Shitpost at /g/ about you being the minority using this garbage.
>>
>>59023954
Like what? You honestly think that deprecated piece of garbage is worth using as a daily driver? Shit I could find better at a flea market for a hundred dollars. That is literally the fastest thing OP will be able to do besides older games.

>>59025769
Well there's no point in XP, because once he actually installs the OS it will have to install every update which will bloat the system to infinity
>>
>>59025769
I mean it's 10+ years old, it's probably easy to just lose track of time and assume it's a lot worse than it is
>>59025915
>Like what? You honestly think that deprecated piece of garbage is worth using as a daily driver?
don't know, really depends on what you want to do, a good T42 is more than enough to get work done with contemporary versions of office, photoshop, whatever the hell, they'll just suck at javascript-heavy web pages and high resolution video which are only two uses for a computer anyway, broaden your mind and start thinking of computing outside of the browser

if the idea of something old being used for something makes you this upset it's obvious nobody's ever going to make you see it the other way, but stop trying to mislead people like OP when you clearly have no idea what the fuck you're talking about and have probably never actually tried to put this kind of hardware to work in the first place

nobody here believes this thing is faster than any c2d shitbox you can buy from the flea market, and it doesn't really matter whether it is or not, OP just wants to know what he can do with it, there's a lot of shit he can do with it just as there was a lot of shit you could have done with it in 2003
>>
>>59023685
Anything you want, my man.
Hack the world.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.