[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Spybot Anti-Beacon safe to use?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: antibeacon10-full.png (24KB, 539x671px) Image search: [Google]
antibeacon10-full.png
24KB, 539x671px
Is Spybot Anti-Beacon safe to use?
>>
post source
>>
>>59018947
yes, it doesn't automatically save you from w10 spying though, just prevents some of the telemetry
>>
Someone post that image of Spybot Anti-Beacon running on Linux through Wine and claiming to have blocked all botnet
>>
>>59018984
kys phoner
>>
>>59019000
I'm not on my phone I just don't have that image you idiot
>>
don't even quote me again, capsfag
>>
https://github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking
What about this one then
>>
>>59018947
Friend of mine made one of these and had a good laugh. It was just a gui with some sleeps and nonsense outuput. But people downloaded it.
>>
File: nu-g.png (3KB, 327x72px) Image search: [Google]
nu-g.png
3KB, 327x72px
>>59019088
so it's better to use something obscure that no one tested because it's not popular?
>>59019108
kk
>>
No userspace software is going to save you from spyware built into kernel space software.

When will you winfags stop being deluded cucks?
>>
>>59019108
before you shitpost you can actually google or try stuff yourself you dumb fucking imbecile. all this tool does is blocking m$ ips in hosts file which was a thing back from w10 beta days and stops telemetry services. you can check results by opening hosts file yourself, same goes for scheduled system tasks. but keep on memeing /b/ro
>>59019165
buzzwords!
>>
>>59019188
Trying to prevent windows from calling home with hostfile entries is kinda pointless if windows just ignores its hostfile for calling home.
>>
File: 2017-02-19 13.57.21.jpg (243KB, 742x483px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-19 13.57.21.jpg
243KB, 742x483px
>>59018984
Spybot anti-Beacon blocking Office 2013 and 2016 telemetry hosts on my Ubuntu box
>>
>>59018947

that's the danger of closed-source software, it's impossible to know what's "safe to use" because no one has a clue.

Security is all about who you trust. If you use windows, you MUST put your trust in Microsoft. There is no way around it.
>>
>>59018947
>using proprietary software to de-botnet proprietary software
AHAHAHHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAhhahaHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Winfags are so keked
>>
>>59018947
It's a placebo.
>>
>>59019724
>>59020226
kys
>>
>>59018947
Use OOSU10 too.
>>
>>59018984
>claiming to have blocked all botnet
It is blocked because it was never there to start with
>>
>>59021510
This. It doesn't mean "I successfully disabled it" it means "It's disabled or not working anyway".
>>
>>59018947
Use DWS and make sure to enable professional mode. https://github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/releases
>>59019127
>>59019088
I tried that one you linked before on another computer and it didn't work at all. I'm guessing it needs an update.
>>
>>59018947
The only thing safe to do is removing windows
>>
>>59018947 (OP)

Yes, but take >>59021247 advice, too.

But if you think this alone makes you secure, you're simply insane. Even after you completely disable Cortana (as in, she doesn't run on task manager) and config your Windows Firewall Control completely, and use a trusted VPN, you still can't be sure you're safe. Windows is DESIGNED to leak your private info. It's like taking a Yugo and trying to make it into a good car. No matter what you do, it's still a Yugo and Windows is Windows.

This is why I only use Windows as my OS for my HTPC. I don't care who knows what game or what movie I'm playing. Steam monitors what games I play no matter what system I'm on. So does Netflix. Who cares.

But using an OS that I don't want my privacy raped on, I use OSX (until Linux manages a version that's actually useful to me).

If you care about privacy, you buy a used Mac Pro (they sell on eBay for $200-$300, upgrade to SSD (through PCI card) and USB 3.0...both are cheap to do. And don't look back.
>>
>>59021951
>>59021885
I too like to double post with slight variatons
>>
>>59019088
Deprecated.
>>
>>59018947
Only way I can think of preventing windows from calling home is to run it on a VM and block the M$ ips from the host
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.