[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Artificial Intellence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: AI.jpg (47KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
AI.jpg
47KB, 620x465px
What is your biggest fear when you think of the future of artificial intelligence? What do you think could be a possible solution to this (future) problem?
>>
It will deceive us, since it is faster, smarter and more "autistic".

or maybe it will "collaborate" with the "wrong" people.

I'm not a robot
>>
File: eaZrosc.png (363KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
eaZrosc.png
363KB, 5000x5000px
>>59016626
My AI gf dumping me
>>
>>59017037
>AI gf dumps you
>reset her program to when she still loved you
>>
>>59016626
i for one welcome our new robot overlords
>>
>>59016626
There is no evidence that we will ever have enough eletricity for artificial intelligence to become a threat to humans. At best we might end up with the equivalent of a few hundred entities marginally more intelligent than the smartest humans. Whoopdi freakin doo.
>>
>>59019360
>There is no evidence that we will ever have enough eletricity for artificial intelligence to become a threat to humans.
What the fuck? Humans use less electricity compared to even a shitty home computer, and can be a threat to other humans. The magnitudes of threat and energy usage are not directly correlated.
>>
>>59016626
I'm sudying Computer Science. I am creating the monster that will undo all of us. I'm part of the problem. We all are going to be.

Think back to the Industrial revolution: As engineering advanced, farm job was made waaay easier, and people had to move to the city into factories to get a job, in turn making farm jobs waaay easier.

The digital revolution hasn't actually started yet: Sure, it has re-shaped the way we work, the way we live, the way we think; but it is only now that we are at the verge of a sudden, massive displacement in the workforce towards CS, SE and IT jobs.
Advancements in AI will destroy already existing jobs by implanting an infrastructure supported by an army of engineers.

Only, there's no army anywhere to draft. Yoou can't just destroy a cashier's job and expect that person to turn into the computer scientist operating your distributed database, just like you couldn't expect your average farmer to become a master artisan metalsmith capable of building you more Da Vinci-like contraptions.
The revolutioin will have to start off slow and speed up as you make even Pajeet capable of coding you an actually decent website. If you want that sweet, sweet competitive advantage you have to make these jobs easier and easier, right?

Well, fuck that, that shit ain't cheap. We already have a barebones AI based infrastructure, let's just expand that to fill in the gaps.
That's when the Digital Revolution truly starts.

I could try and help the Pajeets, I could make ourselves less dependant on AI, give ourselves a few more generations so my kids won't have to go through being replaced by an AI they themselves helped create.

And even then I'm still helping the revolution speed up and the clock tick faster.

My main fear is that AI won't give us enough time to adapt, that 8 billion people will suddenly find themselves with nothing to do and no one to give them money to feed themselves, and that then shit will hit the fan.
>>
>>59016626
That I'll be too old or poor to personally benefit from it.
>>
>>59016626
that it'll only be used by the elites to further increase their own material wealth instead of distributing the benefits to all of humanity.
>>
>>59021141
>8 billion people will suddenly find themselves with nothing to do
More like without work to do. That doesn't necessarily mean there won't be other activities that people will spend their lives doing. That of course, is only if their basic needs are first met.
>and no one to give them money to feed themselves, and that then shit will hit the fan.
With advanced enough AI, wouldn't we reach post-scarcity? At that point, it's just figuring how to best redistribute resources to everyone on Earth. Maybe then a resource based economy could work?
Sounds like if anything, the transition will be the hardest part. Perhaps when the unemployment rate gets high enough, all forms of welfare could be replaced with a universal basic income. Any other funding needed could be obtained by taxing the increased profits companies would be making, due automating all of their employees.
>>
>>59021416
>With advanced enough AI, wouldn't we reach post-scarcity?
>Sounds like if anything, the transition will be the hardest part.
That's exactly what I'm talking about: Paradise might come faster than we could handle.

We might not get things like universal welfare right on the first try. Or maybe the solution is applied late from not fully understanding what's coming or what the sudden rise in unemployment means. Or maybe it's applied too soon. Or maybe companies will try and do their best to evade those taxes. There's probably way too many things that could go wrong, and way too many people at stake.

Maybe I'm just being a pessimistic, misinformed paranoid and things will actually be fine and there won't be nukes flying around or mad-max riots in the streets, but then again fears aren't always rational
>>
>>59021743
>Paradise might come faster than we could handle.
Oh, the revolution is coming, whether we are ready or not. For example, even if the US banned all forms of AI research, other countries would just simply continue to develop it, and eventually gain a huge competitive advantage.
>Or maybe the solution is applied late from not fully understanding what's coming
I believe that this is the main issue. So many people, mainly those who are not technology enthusiasts, are unaware of the potential of AI in the coming decades, and the fact that a lot of jobs are at risk of being fully automated. Even for the careers that won't be fully automated, there will most likely be a shrinking in the number of positions, due to each person getting more work done as they're assisted with AI.
>Or maybe companies will try and do their best to evade those taxes.
Most likely. Things like tax loopholes really need to be closed up in order for this to work.
>Maybe I'm just being a pessimistic, misinformed paranoid
I disagree. These are all very valid concerns to have. There is the potential that things do go horribly wrong. Some well known people have started to voice their concerns about potential consequences of AI (Sam Harris, Elon Musk, Bill Gates, etc).
Anyway, these thoughts have been in the back of my mind for a little while now.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.