[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chromium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: logo_chromium.png (57KB, 533x537px) Image search: [Google]
logo_chromium.png
57KB, 533x537px
I chromium a good browser?
>>
Hello. It is decent.
>>
Chromium? More like Botnetium!
>>
yes fuck the haters
>>
>>59015706
It's botnet. But better than Chrome.
>>
something something RAM
something botnet
something something /g/
>>
>>59015706
It is literally Chrome, grampa.
>>
>>59015706
Its botnet. Use ungoogled chromum/inox/iridium.
>>
>>59015706
https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
>>
>>59015901
>>59015984
>ungoogled chromum
>Update 9/29: Our favorite infosec expert (whom we’ve cited before on a few matters) SwiftOnSecurity, let us know today that Ungoogled Chromium is a student project and doesn’t have the ability to update itself (and likely hasn’t been updated.) In that regard, we can’t recommend it. She recommends Brave if you’d like an alternative.

http://lifehacker.com/ungoogled-chromium-strips-away-the-privacy-invading-fea-1787139870

Good job, lads. I'm sure you're totally secure now with somebody's untested, unaudited student project standing between you and the privacy boogeyman. Just ignore those fucking SHILL security """""experts""""".
>>
>>59016044
>Trusting Lifehacker
>Unironically using Brave
wew lad
>>
>>59016044
The project is still active and the browser has been updated several times since that announcement
>>
>>59015901
inox and iridium are placebos and ungoogled chromium is barely usable.

just block the fucking google connections, it's not that hard.
>>
>>59016307
>ungoogled chromium is barely usable
You clearly haven't used it yourself
>>
File: unbenannt.png (17KB, 990x119px) Image search: [Google]
unbenannt.png
17KB, 990x119px
>>59015706
You tell me
>>
>>59016369
>VS2015
Those requirements are for compiling, you fucking retard
>>
>>59016307
Ungoogled Chromium is my go to browser, fast and nice
>>
>>59016307
>ungoogled chromium
Ungoogled chromium is actually the best browser at the moment.
>>
>>59016387
I mean the fucking 8GB to over 16GB of ram. I know the disk space could probably go down and you don't need VS after compiling.
>>
>>59016307
>placebos
Saying that makes no sense.

There are objective differences between these two, inox has removed things from standard chromium which are related to google.
>>
>>59016459
Those RAM requirements are for compiling. I'm stuck on a potato with 2GB of RAM right now and it runs fine.
>>
>>59015706

Nope, but it's the least shit browser out there.
>>
>>59016044
>http://lifehacker
And just like that, your post is disregarded
>>
I don't run an illegal trafficking ring like many here so Chrome is better.
>>
>>59015706
Essentially opensource Chrome with less codecs and less botnet
>>
>>59016452
They'll still know that you run an illegal traffcing ring from your IP address. What most sperglords don't get is that Chrome is actually FASTER. The developers of the open source are the same developers and they have repeatedly stated the ONLY reason they added closed source PDF viewing and other similar parts was that it was NOT their own code and they found it faster.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.