[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VPN for PS4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: PS4.jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
PS4.jpg
47KB, 600x450px
Hey guys im just wondering if any of you know how to setup a VPN for my PS4 my router is currently hooked up to my laptop via ethernet cable and my PS4 too. The reason for this is my ping is just so freakin high(around 200+ms) can somebody help me to end this madness. And yes to answer your question i unfortunately live in Asia.
>>
>too stupid to use a console
You should try mITX PCs
>>
;(
>>
>>59014514
:((((
>>
a vpn will only increase your ping silly
>>
Read more on VPNs. They are not designed to reduce your latency, in fact, they will increase it because you will have to hop to a second computer before reaching your destination. Quick question, are you on cable or WiFi?
>>
>>59015410
cable why?
>>59015366
i am pretty silly, thank you for noticing
>>
>>59015410
Stupid question post:

Not OP, but theoretically, the latency could be decreased right?

A to C directly could be 200, but If A to B is 50 and B to C is 50 it would be 100.
>>
>>59014514
YOU CAME TO THE WRONG THREAD BITCH
>>
>>59016008
how do i reduce my latency tho
>>
>>59016008
The thing is, latency is related to physical hops that your packet has to do to traverse the network until reaching its destination. Your comparison is right considering that only B->C are communicating. Using a VPN only adds a new node to the route, that way he would need to send packets to B and then redirect to C. The latency is always increased, because of the newly added proxy between A->C. Just an example, let's say that you are acessing a server at 200ms, you then add a VPN that is geographically near the server that pings the server at 50ms. Now as you are routing your packets through the tunnel, the latency to the destination server will be 250ms
>>
OP, If the game allows, change the destination server to somewhere near where you live. Having to traverse 1/2 a planet to connect to a server will make your latency go up and there is no way to change it. Australia's internet suck because of exactly that.
>>
As you are in Asia, 200-300ms implies that your game is connecting to an American server. The only way to lower your latency is to actually subscribe to an ISP that offers direct backbone connectivity to its clients. It will depend on availability, where you live and how much are you willing to spend.. VPSes in data centers usually have this kind of connectivity, that is why they get close to 0 latency and like 1GB/s down/up speeds
>>
>>59016687
>>59016924
>>59016581

thanks everyone who took the time to share their knowledge regarding this matter and i've come to the conclusion that setting up a VPN is no way a solution to my problem but changing the ISP is the ultimate remedy.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.