[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My college just got a donation to get every student an iPad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1487480377533.jpg (79KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1487480377533.jpg
79KB, 750x750px
My college just got a donation to get every student an iPad pro, apple pencil and apple keyboard. I know that it's good but why couldn't they be smart and get us something like surface pros or Samsung tab pro 12 inch. My question is what benefits come from the iPad if any?
>>
tax writeoffs
>>
>>59012281
I own an iPad Pro, SP3, and SP4, and can tell you that the iPad pro is better in just about every way in my personal experience. This is a bait post. Use the damn tools you are given, use them well, and make more tools.
>>
>>59012281

It just works, and it's cheaper TCO. The Surface Pro is amazing but it's also a botnet.
>>
>>59012281

why would a serious student need an ipad

would you not want a laptop to get work done?
>>
>>59012332
>Students
>Work
Yeah I'm not sure... >.>

Seriously though I'll never understand how the fuck people get any real 'work' done on a tablet. Like, they're super crippled devices and super inconvenient.

Unless you're running some version of Photoshop (which I assume exists for the iPad Pro)... not sure what the fuck you'd want a tablet of any sort for instead of a decent laptop.

Well now... Just looked, apparently there's no full-featured photoshop for it. So in otherwords it's a toy. So sad. :(
>>
>>59012426
>Seriously though I'll never understand how the fuck people get any real 'work' done on a tablet. Like, they're super crippled devices and super inconvenient.

i feel the same way
>>
>>59012440
You don't know about Notability and that's okay. I don't know if there are better ones by now, but I've used this for a solid year with great results. My only iPad Pro wish is Visio. But there are ways to work around that.

Seriously, the amount of engineering documentation that I produce with my iPad
>>
>>59012474
>>59012474
>You don't know about Notability and that's okay

that's a very specific use case

not the norm at all
>>
>>59012557
Taking notes and or producing documents of any type is too specific?

Well then just buy a chromebook and check out this cool community called "reddit r/all"
>>
>>59012440
ditto. I can type like 100 wpm, now compare that productivity to a fucking tablet...
>>
>>59012474
True, wasn't aware of Notability. Looks like a decent iOS note taking App.

>>59012576
I do dislike the lack of an attached keyboard on tablets though, for note taking. (Unless it's a math / engineering class where I'm sketching stuff a lot...) but I suppose OP did say they're getting keyboards.

Now, the problem I have at work with tablets: No fucking Ethernet port. HOLY FUCK does no one here work any actual sort of IT infrastructure support job? Man, I want a 'tablet' device, preferrably with a slide out keyboard or such, with an Ethernet port, for quickly plugging into switches and stuff. That, I think, I would use.
>>
>>59012576
OP in all of his cucked glory said they were getting keyboards.

Also, tablets are not wpm machines. You can get a bluetooth keyboard and be fine though.
>>
>>59012611
Thinkpad x230t. I have one and use the ethernet all the time. Digitizer is really good in Windows 7.
>>
>>59012652
Hmmm... might consider one actually; hadn't realized they were so cheap now...

Sad that they only (as I seem to be able to find) ever shipped with a 1366 x 768 display. Since that's the case it'd have to JUST be a small portable machine, wouldn't ever be able to stand working on much of anything that required actual screen space.
>>
>>59012332
It can work.
>>
im not a fan of apple, but their tablets are the only thing I would endorse. I dont know why, but I think they run smoother, look cleaner, and have a better app selection. However, I don't necessarily use my android phone for similar purposes, so I don't know exactly if they would have everything I need.

Then again, I have always wanted a surface pro.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.