[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NAT config on Cisco Router + General Config Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (405KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
405KB, 2048x1536px
Hey /g/.

Got a few questions about configuring port forwarding or NAT with CiscoIOS. I really don't know where to start. On Tuesday I'm getting internet in my apartment. Well they are going to configure their end, which is the modem and coax. My question is how do I configure my router 2900 and switch catalyst 2948g to accept Internet. Right now I'm sitting with the coax and modem plugged into the wall. I have the modem plugged into my 2900, on Ethernet 0/0

The rest of my lan and switch is plugged into Ethernet 0/1. Will post show run shortly.

Anyone at this point knows more about CiscoIOS or CatOS at this point than me. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
>>
Running-config here

http://pastebin.com/6ZgHtyEq
>>
Bamp
>>
>cisco
GTFO off /g/ with this proprietary shit
>>
bump before I look into it and the thread disappears
>>
>>59011249
do you know whether their modem will be in bridge-mode or if it will take up routing activities itself?
>>
File: 1475157201510.jpg (494KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1475157201510.jpg
494KB, 1024x768px
This is what I came up with. I used packet tracer on a 2901, which has GigabitEthernet Interfaces instead of Ethernet. I advise you not to copy paste the config, but to enter the commands yourself.

I'll assume that your modem acts as a router too, else you need PPP and that opens another can of worms.
Simplest and best option would be to leave the 2900 out and connect the switch directly to the modem. With two NATting routers, you'll have massive latency anc connectivity problems and gayming will be no fun. Ask your provider to put the modem in bridge mode if you really want to use your router, then do PPP instead of DHCP on the outside interface.

>ip default-gateway 192.168.1.1
The defaut tgateway is the next hop that the router uses for traffic originating from itself going into another network. If you enter an address of the router itself, this traffic will go nowhere.

I set your internal network to 10.0.0.0/24, don't know what you use.
SSH access is enabled, you just need to generate a crypto key yourself. Username is faggot, password cisco.

I set up a DHCP server on 10.0.0.0/24.

>full-duplex
leave these on autoneg, or you will have to configure the switch too. Only fuck with it when you're having duplex problems

http://pastebin.com/CsKGxaDi
>>
>>59011249
>http://pastebin.com/CsKGxaDi
Any time you do NAT don't forget to create the actual access-list to allow internal networks to get NATd to an outside address.

>>59014358
His config should work.

Remember RFC 1918, 10.0.0.0/8,172.16.0.0/12 and 192.168.0.0/16 are private addresses. Keep your interface for your modem on DHCP.

>https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1918
>>
>>59014358

That configuration may work, but there is a big mistake in your configuration.

The Static route that you have put in, it never have to point out to an interface without an IP. If you are using PPP thats correct, but in Ethernet domains that configuation may work because the router will send ARP for every IP Public to the Modem and the Modem will respond this ARP (This is Known as Proxy ARP). This will cause a problem in your CPU and Memory (Check in Internet this issue).

Why dont try this:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 G0/0 dhcp

-
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.