[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did windows take away the ability for users to customize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1487280857001.jpg (76KB, 750x718px) Image search: [Google]
1487280857001.jpg
76KB, 750x718px
Why did windows take away the ability for users to customize how each folder is organized? I remember back in XP and Vista days, some folders were in custom order, others were in alphabetical, some by date of creation.

It was great for organized people like me--now with windows 7 and up, you can't organize anything custom--except the desktop.

You only have a few varieties of how your folders behave (depending on which "library" your viewing from).

It's bullshit.
>>
>>59010300
Not really sure what you are talking about but learn for once that customizability is a thing that very few people care about, you are the minority here.
>>
>>59010390
You sound like a microsoft shill---if you do a quick google search you'll find that a lot of people are pissed that you can't organize file the way you want to (it seems like a fundemental thing you should be able to do).
>>
>>59010300
>>59010390
>>59010408

Fuck what OP said I wanna know about that eyeball enlargement bullshit.
>>
>>59011035

It's photoshop you fucking idiot.

>>59010300

It is bullshit, I make do with adding "01." and other symbols to arrange folders.
>>
What you've said just is not true. You can customize how each folder is organized in Windows 7, 8, and 10. I work with all of these operating systems daily and am literally positive.
>>
>>59010300
Eh, it's still there.
>>
>>59010390

kys you normie scum
>>
>>59010300

It's only true in the various libraries in 7 and possibly 8.

With 10 you have the ability to change view/order per folder in libraries.

If you're using Windows 7, the workaround is to make a documents folder outside of the libraries. Then they'll behave as you'd expect.
>>
>>59010300
download shell folder fix. its free too en customizable. i use it fir years on my win7 pc
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.