[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did this piece of shit get such a fanbase?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

How did this piece of shit get such a fanbase?
>>
>>59004223
Reddit, and youtubers.
>>
>>59004223
gaymer utoobers
>>
>>59004223
I have one and honestly no problems with it
>>
File: meteor-all-3-positions[1].jpg (21KB, 500x232px) Image search: [Google]
meteor-all-3-positions[1].jpg
21KB, 500x232px
I wouldn't know, I got one of these instead.
>>
File: nottoolate.png (49KB, 913x370px) Image search: [Google]
nottoolate.png
49KB, 913x370px
>>59004223
Just bought one yesterday, should be here Tuesday. What's the problem? The reviews and audio examples I've heard are generally pretty good, especially for the price point.
>>
>>59006357
there's nothing wrong with it, /g/ started hating it because it got popular
>>
>>59004223
Its cheap, looks good, and sounds good.
It isn't amazing in any of those qualities, but stikes a nice balance.
Anyone have alternative reccomendations for a driverless usb microphone?
>>
>>59004223
>How did this piece of shit get such a fanbase?

People. Are. Stupid.
>>
So this board is about 93% /v/ right now, isn't it?
>>
It's cheap and good enough for literally everyone.
>>
>>59006678
/v/ is 90% /b/, so technically you're right
>>
>>59005938
I've only ever had $5 mics from walmart so I'm sure it would be amazing. I've never understood the "it's shit" meme because it seems like a ton of people use and enjoy it.
>>
>>59006380
>Its cheap
Relatively, yes

>looks good
Debatable

>sounds good
just no

You thought you could get away with that little lie there by starting out on a reasonable not but see, I caught you.
>>
>>59006706
I honestly think it's a worth buy, I used to stream around 6hours a day and nobody complained about the audio. I even recommended it to my dad, we are both still using it. If you want a good mic it's worth
>>
File: Audio-Technica-AT2020.jpg (306KB, 1400x930px) Image search: [Google]
Audio-Technica-AT2020.jpg
306KB, 1400x930px
I just can't get over the look. Blue mics really are ugly, especially the yeti imo. AT mics look much nicer
>>
>>59006764
ATAT2020 is a better choice than both the Yeti and Snowboall. Doesn't change the fact that it will pick up a lot of unwanted sounds though. In the end it comes down to what you want to do with it.
>>
>>59006357

It's fine. This thread is just nuanced shitposting
>>
Rode Podcaster or NT-USB ?
no parasite noise but a bit of reverb
I need a very clean sound but only a few hours a month
>>
>>59006720
What do you use your microphone for that this isn't good enough for the job? I bet you don't even fucking talk to anyone who isn't bringing you food or taking your dirty dishes up to the sink.
>>
On the topic of microphones, I want a fantastic one that I can use to record the sound of a random McDonald's toy being dropped into a tub of sweet & sour sauce in high enough fidelity that I can use a LFO filter to recreate the Star Spangled Banner out of the ripples. What do you recommend?
>>
File: 1487416797415.png (1MB, 1352x2044px) Image search: [Google]
1487416797415.png
1MB, 1352x2044px
>>59006678
yes
>>
I thought it was a picture of a fan with a base and you were making a joke.
>>
if it's USB it's pure shit
>>
>>59006922
heh triggered
Anyway, this isn't about me. I've heard enough Snowball material to know that I think it does not sound very good. It's not complete garbage, but let's be honest, if you're going to set a set up a mic on your desk like that you should go for a certain level of quality. And this is not that. Not quite. Spend a little extra, get the AT2020. Much nicer sounding.

As and added bonus, it doesn't look... well... like that >>59004223
>>
>>59007032
I'm not even the guy you're autistically arguing with. I fucking hate people and therefore have no need for a microphone 99.9% of the time.
>>
>>59004223
>>59005976
>>59006764

how is it better normal lavarlier microphone?
>>
>>59007062
I'm not arguing with that guy. You posed a question remember? I answered it.

It's stupid to set up a big-ass mic and have it sound subpar.

Also...
>I fucking hate people and therefore have no need for a microphone 99.9% of the time.
But I'm the autist, got it.
>>
>>59004223
it's good for the price and 99.99% of people have no need for a better microphone
>>
>>59004223
If that's the Snowball ICE, it doesn't have a fanbase.
The ICE is garbage. The regular Snowball is pretty great though.
>>
A PS3 eye is literally 5 bucks off of Amazon.
>>
>>59004223
same reason why apple products have such a fanbase
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.