[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad salespeople stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: wut.jpg (65KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
65KB, 1024x576px
> Perusing in a media store where they also sell HW
> Some 15-16 year old kid asks a few questions to the salespeople because he wants to get into PC gaming
> Store has 3 desktop PC's, salesperson points to the most expensive lelnovo, doesn't even ask what the kid actually wants to play
> "If you're gunna play gaymes, you want an i7, the middle only has an i5, an i7 is much better for gaymes. This one also has a pritty gud graphics card"
> Kid says he only wants to play like 1-2 gaymes (probably indicating he doesn't really care too much about graphics, just want the machine to be good enough to play at a decent fps)
> Salesperson: Doesn't matter, you'd really be better off with the more expensive one
> Look at the specs after: i7 6700, 8GB ram, GTX 750 TI for 1000 euromonies
> Kid says that for that kind of money, he'd expect a desktop AND a monitor
> They start looking at laptops
> Salesperson suddenly starts ranting about how most of the Windows machines are cheap plastic, and if you want quality, you should get an "iOS device", cause they're made from metal
> Didn't bother hearing any more of that guy's shit

So any normie who asks about PC gayming, basically gets redirected to 1500 euromoney MacBook Pro's
I kinda felt sorry for the kid, on the other hand, he really should be doing his own research

Anybody else have salespeople stories?
>>
>ask about a product they have on best buy
>they have no idea and asks me to look it up on my mobile

>ask about where I can find a certain item
>says they only know the 10 feet square area they work on

is bestbuy staffed by literal special needs people?
>>
>>59002784
They didn't even redirect you to the person who works on the next 10 feet square area?
>>
>>59002756
>Be me, 12, stupid
>Want laptop to play gaymes
>Go to Walmart
>Salesman tells me that no laptop I could buy at Walmart would do what I need
>I go home without wasting money on some normie laptop
Let's hear it for based Walmart salesman.
>>
File: nice01.jpg (17KB, 319x316px) Image search: [Google]
nice01.jpg
17KB, 319x316px
>>59002903
>>
>not doing your own research
>talking to salespeople
>ever
>>
>Some dude has the big bosses ear trying to sell him on E-mail Protection/Gateway software
>We already have something else the same in place
>"B-b-but it's really good it sandboxes E-mails and scans them, if even protects against the latest Cryptolocker!"
>really nigga
I told boss not to waste his money and instead spend it on staff training
>>
>>59002903
>be Walmart employee
>hate job, shit pay but money is money
>some 12 yo kid asks me for a laptop to play vidya
>hastily look around and tell him that no laptop here is up to snuff
>kid thanks me and goes on his way
>boss overheard me and fires me on the spot for not selling him the costliest we have
>>
>>59002756
>at best buy, looking for the g930. already looked at the logitech section
>"hey man, looked at the logitech section, but dont see this item, even though it says you have it in stock, do you know where it could be?"
>"sure thing, follow me"
>takes me to the logitech section and says "it should be here" and walks away

nice. another, much more /g/ looking fellow did eventually help me out though.
>>
File: 1480905964303.jpg (358KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1480905964303.jpg
358KB, 720x1280px
I don't understand why you would wander into a store to buy something unless you already knew what you want and knew they had it in stock and were willing to pay more to have it that day.

It's 2017.
>>
>>59002784
Yes. I have had the same experiences, so has everyone I know. Best Buy is fine as long as you don't expect any help whatsoever.

And for gods sake stay far far away from the "tool squad".
>>
>Literally 2 weeks ago
>building first computer
>go to microcenter for parts
>have an idea of the things i want
>Get Intel i7, Asus rog 1070, Asus hero ix Mobo
>microcenter assistant "you need help anon?"
> "Uhh sure you think all these parts look good /compatible?"
>Tone changes to a kinda condescending one when he looks "Any reason you're getting so much Asus products?"
>"Not Really, its just the stuff i chose randomly putting things together in pc partpicker. I kinda like how you can match the auras though, not as bland as everything else i guess"
>"oh so you like rgb then, kinda childish ehh, you know its not all about the brand names"
At this point i kinda knew he was just being an elitist fag
>"yeah but i like it"
He tries sticking around to help me some more so he can throw stickers on my shit showing that he helped me but i get away from him... so i thought
>Checking out, he walks by
>"Oh hey man see ya later hope you enjoy all your Asus brand lights"
>this fucking guy

Instead of suggesting better hardware, he just wanted to be a dick. I got what i liked and wanted so he can fuck off
>>
File: samurailaugh.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
samurailaugh.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>59005279
Retard
>>
>be me
>selling tech at office depot in early 2000s
>lady wants to exchange CD-ROM drive says her son couldn't get it to work.
>I offer to test it, explain that it's easy to get the ide jumper settings wrong
>lady gets upset says "MY SON IS A+ CERTIFIED HE KNOWS WHAT HES DOING!"
>drive worked just fine
>>
>>59005279
lol
>>
>>59005279
>building first computer
>go to retail

Retard.
>>
>>59005806
Everyone always says go to microcenter for them deals. Plus they did their research beforehand it seems, they only asked the salesguy his opinion.
>>
>>59007657
>microcenter
>Dealing with humans
Nope

Unless its an emergency online shopping or bust
>>
>>59005071
>tool squad
a fitting name...
>>
File: Lite-Brite-vintage.jpg (167KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
Lite-Brite-vintage.jpg
167KB, 1000x669px
>>59005279
How will you ever recover?

but seriously you're a tremendous faggot for paying a premium for pretty lights. You should have just bought not-faggot hardware and pic related.

Would have saved a lot of money, based Microcenter telling fags off
>>
>>59008185
Microcenter is one of the few good stores for computer hardware. Excellent selection, good warranty and good prices
>>
>>59003652
>be laptop at Walmart
>just want a comfy home
>some 12 yo kid asks employee for a laptop to play vidya
>employee tells kid no laptop in store will be good enough for him.
>kid says thank you and leaves
>forever alone
>>
File: 1486162250811.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1486162250811.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>59008185
>tfw microcenter salesman finds a glitch in the system and we score motherboard for $13
>>
>>59002756
Kids that age are old enough to drive, have sex, and work. How is he too stupid to google that shit beforehand?
>>
>>59008688
>be manager at Wal-Mart
>want overhead to get off my ass about how poorly we're moving laptop units out the store
>some 12 year old kid comes up to my worst salesperson, good, but painfully honest fellow, sadly not cut out for sales
>tells kid that no laptop here can meet kids needs, and the boy leaves
>I have to fire this guy or risk losing my job
>>
>>59003471
This 100%
>>
>>59002756
>go to CVS
>look at their USB flash drive prices
>do 720 and walk away
What the fuck kind of moron pays $32 for a 16GB USB2.0 flashdrive?
>>
>>59009276
microcenter has really good deals on this kind of stuff usually 65 cents per gig
>>
>>59009343
But why the fuck are they so fucking expensive at generic stores and pharmacies? I've seen some shitty chink-brand 8GB USB being sold for $15 at a local grocery store. This shit needs to stop.
>>
>>59009365
It is a convince store with a good location. They also sell other things at massive mark ups, basic home repair shit, laundry detergent, some basic groceries, usb phone chargers etc.

People pay those prices cause theyre lazy
>>
>>59005071
I applied to the tool squad, was turned down because I was over qualified. I was a highschool student with an A+ certification
>>
>>59009401
they will have to convince me a lot harder before i pay those prices
>>
File: 3.png (89KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
89KB, 640x640px
>>59009677
>convince
>>
>>59009343
Way cheaper than that now. 64gb is like 13 bux
>>
>>59003792

i would have gone out my way to speak to the power tripping manager and tell him about what happen and get that fucker in trouble.

not gonna get disrespected by a min wage walmart hating asshole
>>
I work at the shitty chinese owned store called canada computers. Ask me almost anything...
>>
>>59002756
Yeah, overheard something similar to the beginning while a micro center picking up my Haswell-E and a new case. Salesperson was steering customer interested in building a typical gaming rig towards the i7s.

/g/, I honestly wonder.. at this point in time, if you're building a machine for just gaming and only have realistic expectations for "future proofing", when do you decided to get an i7 over an i5 before upgrading the video card further. Do we get to a 1080 before we even consider an i7 for the best bang for buck? It seems like to me most people wouldn't pair the two or most builds don't. Maybe people just step up to an i7 first after reaching 1070 money already since it's half as much of the cost as stepping up to a 1080? The gaming benefit isn't nearly as much as half though.
>>
>>59002756
>he really should be doing his own research
Maybe he was and he figured the best source would be from a live person who worked with pc's... Are you that dense, OP?
>>
>>59005279
Asus-brand lights kek

Gotta hand it to the salesperson
>>
>>59012112
A lot of people put too much importance on CPU really. The average consumer thinks they need a bitchin fast cpu and 32gb ram for average consumer tasks.
Hell my parents thought their computer was slow because it didn't have enough "memory" (storage) and asked if I could install a bigger hard drive for them.
If you only game, an unlocked i5 with a moderate oc is enough for a long time. GPU> CPU for almost all games.
>>
>>59012047
Did you work at the shitty chinese owned store called canada computers?
>>
>they do their research Q/A in store
What is this 1990?

There is this thing called the internet.
>>
>>59005279
comedy gold
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.