[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linux Mint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: linuxmint7logo.png (27KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
linuxmint7logo.png
27KB, 200x200px
Hello /g/! I have just installed Linux Mint because i wanted to prove linux since a lot of time. My previous OS was Windows. Please, could you tell my what interesting things to do?
>>
>>59001762
Literally nothing you wasted your time pajeet
>>
>>59001762
browse 4chan
>>
>>59001788

this

>he fell for the linux meme

wew .. another one bites the dust

enjoy your useless shitty OS lmao ... shitpost on 4chan about how u are so smart

thats all you can do
>>
>>59001762
uninstall mint and use a distro that actually has decent forums. (Ubuntu) if you don't want to do that you can:
1. Learn Vim (vimtutor)
2. Rice the shit out of your desktop
3. Try programming in python
4. Try different DEs
5. tell us your DE or Mint version you downloaded? (I think the default is cinnamon).
I can help out with anything you like mate.
6. Install 4chan-x and Stylechan
>>
>>59001762
>Mint
Enjoy your security holes
>>
>>59001945
>enjoy your useless shitty OS lmao ... shitpost on 4chan about how u are so smart
>lmao
>u
into the trash it goes Rajesh. Try that again with coherent english and maybe you'll get a $0.50 raise by Monday
>>
>>59001762
Don't worry about what everyone else here is saying. Mint is a great introductory distro to Linux.
Mint encourages you to use the GUI for most things, so it probably won't really help you learn the command line. I'd recommend sticking with it for a few months and then moving on to something a bit more challenging, like debian (maybe antergos if you want to learn arch).
If you want a system that just werks though, then you can just stay on mint and it'll be fine.
>>
>>59001762
Install Lubuntu instead.
>>
>>59002089
kys
>>
>>59002088
this
>>
>>59001762
There is nothing wrong with Mint. You did fine.

Action items:
* Make sure anything you need your PC for, you can still do.
* Learn the command line. You don't need to know it but it's incredibly useful once you do.
* Install steam if you want.
* Continue to use your computer as normal.
>>
sudo rm -rf /
>>
>>59003356
>sudo rm -rf /
sudo rm -rf /*
>>
>>59003313
fuck off rajesh
>>59003321
what he said
>>59003345
>There is nothing wrong with Mint. You did fine.
>Ubuntu+different logo + incompetent mantainers + green shit plastered all over
>fine
everything else is solid advice tho, never use linux and then bitch about not being able to do X thing, you didn't research hard enough before making a decision and that;s on you
>>
>>59002893
This is the single most coherent advise on the thread.
>>
>>59001762

Mint is really the best distro.

Do the following:
-google "first things to do after installing mint" (i.e. use that "install all updates" instead of "hurr, don't break anything" policy)
-learn vim (open console, type "vimtutor")
-look into the software center, download a cool programming language or play "battle of wesnoth"

...and so on.
>>
>>59001762
Mint is a good start. Which desktop environment did you install?
Try just playing around with the system. Go through the software that is preinstalled. Launch the package manager to see what programs are available (and how easily compared to Windows) and how repositories work. Take a look at virtual desktops and learn to use them. Click on every button and item everywhere and see what it does. You'll find a lot of new, nice features.
>>
File: debian.png (81KB, 1028x1270px) Image search: [Google]
debian.png
81KB, 1028x1270px
>>59001762
I've just installed motion in my Debian. Was interesting as fuck as my webcam captured movement in my house at night while I was sleeping and saved it in .avi files. Try that.
>>
sudo apt-get install vim ffmpeg imagemagick mpv
sudo update-alternatives --config editor
protip: pressing ctrl alt shift R starts/stops vp8 webm screen recording.
>>
>>59001762

Start hax0ring you are l33t nao.
>>
Go through this:

http://linuxcommand.org/
>>
>>59002074
Nigger, Mint is fork of Ubuntu. You can use Ubuntu forums while using Mint. There's barely any difference
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.