[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help my friend out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

My friend just helped me pick up my crap from a break up and I'm not sleeping tonight until I've sorted out her forgotten windows 8.1 password.

What's the best/worst way to do this?

I've been brute forcing with all combinations of what she thought it was, only account listed and I can't boot to windows because the fucking thing requires a repair or system restore. Can't do those because password.

Did a quick google, I'm downloading some bullshit .exe that google suggested but theres too kany to think any of them won't be crap?
>>
>>59001152
rainbow tables
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
Give it back Tyrone
>>
>>59001152
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>59001168
Thanks.
>>
>>59001152
If you have access to the machine why do you need a password?
>>
>>59001222
Since when was that a board? I haven't been on in a while. But also ok. Janitors can get rid of this if they give a shit or don't give a shit. Or not, whatever.
>>
>>59001271
Because she was really sure about it after I asked a bunch of times if she was sure and she was clearly wrong.

Basically for the "Ooooooohhh I'm retarded for forgetting that password" reaction.
>>
>>59001152
Use Ubuntu Live CD, boot up, access the files on the Windows drive, copy the required data onto another USB.

Once you are done, format the PC and clean install Windows 10. Who gives a fuck about password anymore?
>>
>>59001152

you wont get laid for fixing her computer anon

forget about it and commit to some furry shitposters reps on github instead ... better use of ur time
>>
>>59001152
http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/
>>
File: wat.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
Search for "sticky keys method" and re-evaluate why you are still using windows.
>>
ophcrack
>>
File: brat(2).png (839KB, 755x769px) Image search: [Google]
brat(2).png
839KB, 755x769px
is the average /g/ user really this dumb these days
>>
>>59001152
Boot from installation media
Open Command line
replace utilman with cmd
Start pc
Start utilman from lockscreen
net user away the password
login
done
>>
File: slothwut.gif (1MB, 312x188px) Image search: [Google]
slothwut.gif
1MB, 312x188px
>>59002875
Came here to post this.
Windows physical security is a joke
>>
You don't need to crack the password...you can just delete it a la NTpasswd
>>
>>59001152
If you don't know the answer already then you're not my friend, pal

Until that day, chntpw
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.