[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VPN recs for use in China? Gonna be there for a couple weeks.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: i got on the intanetto.jpg (90KB, 630x583px) Image search: [Google]
i got on the intanetto.jpg
90KB, 630x583px
VPN recs for use in China?

Gonna be there for a couple weeks.
>>
Where in China? Unless you work for. Gov you shouldn't care.
>>
shadowsocks
>>
>>58999235

Probably best to just bear it out for a couple weeks and not try anything stupid.

Chinese prison is no joke, son.
>>
>>58999281
Every expat here uses a VPN...
>>
>>58999297
The Chinese government said before christmas that they were going to start enforcing their VPN rules.

I would be careful.

https://www.google.com/search?q=china+enforcing+vpn&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b#tbm=nws&q=china+vpn
>>
>>58999346
kek you've obviously never lived here

The government doesn't give a fuck what foreigners do on the internet. It's just China in general. If you aren't causing major problems no law enforcement is ever going to give a fuck. It's a really lazy culture.
>>
>>58999297

If you were going to stay longer, make your own decisions and risk assessment. If you're only going to be there a couple of weeks ... not shitting you. Espionage and/or sedition charges could keep you busy in Chinese custody for a few years. My ex girlfriend was from the mainland and spent 20 months in one for being near a protest at the wrong time. It's not a vacation you want to take.

Do whatever. If you really think you are the most special snowflake and it can't happen to you, that's your life to fuck with. But, maybe think about what your family would have to go through trying to get you out, if anyone cares enough about you to even try.
>>
>>58999397

lmao you have no idea what you're talking about

This country is a million times safer than Burgerland.
>>
>>58999418
t. chinese govt shill
>>
>>58999250
Shanghai.

>>58999281
>>58999346
>>58999360
>>58999397
I should have specified that I just need to guarantee internet access for work reasons (sysadmin stuff) while I'm visiting asia, not planning on doing any sketchy shit over the VPN. Just need to know that I'll be able to shell into all my servers and junk through the great firewall.
>>
Just run an SSH tunnel at home or work.

You connecting to your own IP for your own purposes isn't gonna be remotely blocked, and in the 1/100000 chance that you do get questioned about it, there are 100 legitimate reasons you could have for using it (uploading/downloading holiday photos, etc).

Also costs little to nothing.
>>
>>58999764
I'll definitely be doing this, I'm just lining up redundancies.
>>
do people actually use burner phones and laptops when they travel to china? i hear people say anything should be treated as compromised if its not with you 24/7 but i dont know if thats just autism
>>
>>58999764
This is the only correct answer.
>>59000393
I don't bring my laptop, only my phone, and it's with me at all times.
>>
File: freegate.png (41KB, 345x345px) Image search: [Google]
freegate.png
41KB, 345x345px
I used Freegate when I lived there
>>
>>58999235
Best girl.
>>
>>58999595
Cant you host your own?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.