[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dual Monitor a shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Postural-Stress-Blog-Header[1].jpg (103KB, 2130x750px) Image search: [Google]
Postural-Stress-Blog-Header[1].jpg
103KB, 2130x750px
>buy dual monitor because /g/ praises it so much ("muh productivity")
>get sore neck shortly after because I have to rotate my head to look at something on the secondary monitor
>>
Only folk with ADHD can handle a multi monitor setup

I had 4 at once. Demolished my neck and back after a while. Took some discipline and moving the fuck back from my screens so that my eyeballs do all the work.
>>
Maybe try sitting back a little instead of shoving your face into the monitor? You barely have to rotate your neck at all to view a second monitor if you are sitting at a proper distance.
>>
>>58998519
Did you have 2 ultrawides next to each other, or some shit?
I usually don't have to turn my head more than a few degrees, and most of the time I just swivel my chair slightly.
>>
>>58998519
Try glancing over instead of rotating your head, mongo.
>>
>>58998549
>>58998534

That's the problem I think, I have dual 1440P monitor with high PPI count so I can't read shit if they're further than an arm's length away.

And UI scaling is a no-go because it also enlarges images, making them distorted and shit (I know some programs are scaling aware but Chrome and Firefox isn't).

>>58998553
actually landscape+portrait
>>
>>58998519
Me and most of my colleagues have dual monitor setups and have no issues. Check your neck maybe?
>>
>>58998519
What's wromg with that?
I use a 16:9 main screen along with a 4:3 one that I normally use for Telegram Desktop.
It's comfy af
>>
Got a 25" raised for my main for my Dev Environment and an ancient 1024×768 lowered to the left for the result/documentation.

Funnily enough I find it easier to look at the little one most of the time.
>>
>>58998519
It just means that your neck muscles are getting some exercise.
>>
File: jeff dean single monitor.jpg (208KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
jeff dean single monitor.jpg
208KB, 1200x801px
Terry Davis wrote an entire operating system, compiler assembler, disassembler using only 640x480 with 16 colors.

>/g/ "needs" 3x 27" monitors to be "productive".

Linus Torvalds uses a single monitor.

Jeff Dean, the most valuable Google engineer. He's like a God at Google and not even the CEO would go against him. He literally made Google what it is today and wrote/worked-on all of their most important software stacks. He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Now, notice something interesting:

He doesn't have two, three or four monitors and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen that kills your focus and distracts him from everything important.

>>
I have 2 monitors right now that are pretty different, so they have different viewing angles. One of them 21:9 IPS, and another one 16:10 TN. I put the 21:9 in front of me and the 16:10 monitor over to the right side. No problems. I'd honestly trade these two for a 4K monitor though, I like having more readable fonts.
>>
>>58998534
Only folk with autism gets overwhelmed by a multi monitor setup
>>
>>58998592
Then stop using shit software.
>>
>>58998519
then get utterwide

jesus fuck its simple

if your constantly spazing between two frames of information then having them combined is success and separated is hell

i use large super colour accurate wide gamut on the left. ADOBE goes there. right is all the day to day to day bullshit or some PS while im working on it, then I snap back to proof on the other.

use dual when it makes sense not cuz of the meme
>>
>>58998747
What's that monitor?
>>
>>58998519
>not getting ultra wide 32 inch
>not being smart and not having a bezel between production spaces
How old are you boy.
You are not very smart are you?
>>
File: 1486240228172.png (250KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1486240228172.png
250KB, 500x495px
>>58998519
>>58998747
It comes all down to personal preference and whats comfy for YOU.
>>58998888
nice quads
>>
>>58998747
>and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen
He does though, look at the monitor. That baby is worth more than a month of salary for most people on /g/.
>>
Should have bought a single 32" 4k monitors, senpai.
>>
>>58998747

he also doesnt have an IDE open, which is mostly the reason why people need a second monitor.
>>
>>58998519
That's why you use one screen vertically.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.