[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is 16:10 is objectively better than 16:9 because it's closer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 5284b8070d88c5.46763580.jpg (300KB, 1920x817px) Image search: [Google]
5284b8070d88c5.46763580.jpg
300KB, 1920x817px
is 16:10 is objectively better than 16:9 because it's closer to the golden ratio?

i've never owned a 16:10 monitor, but after dividing 16 by 10 i'm considering.
>>
No, 16:10 is a meme.
>>
The golden ratio is vertical, silly. Foot-to-navel, navel-to-head.
>>
>is 16:10 is objectively better than 16:9 because it's closer to the golden ratio?

Listen to what you're saying. And think about it before spouting nonsense.
>>
>>58998562
ok, i'm going to be honest; i don't know anything about aspect ratios or the much about the golden ratio, but could you please explain what i'm spouting
>>
>>58998572

You're spouting the equivalent of "is the red car objectively faster than the blue car because it's painted red?"
>>
16:10 is indeed better, but it's basically gone now, thanks tv.

source: Use a 23" 1920x1080 monitor and then use a 1920x1200 monitor and realize that 16:9 is just too fucking short.

My fix was to move to 2560x1440.
>>
>>58998584
i disagree since the main function of a car is to drive, and the main function of a monitor is in essence to transmit images. if i were to ask "are beige monitors better than black monitors" your analogy would be applicable, but in reality i am asking a more complex question
>>
>>58998491
>golden ratio
>better
>>
>>58998491
whens the last time you ever looked at the whole image displayed? your always focused on some shit. fuck off plz im hurting plz for mike fuck off
>>
>>58998491
>16:10
>not 8:5
>>
>>58998584
It is an established fact that red goes three times faster. Wether it's a giant robo or a car.
>>
>>58998654

16:10 can be better, but:

a) It's certainly not objectively better.
b) It's not better due to the golden ratio or any other new-age nonsense.

It's taller and 1920x1200 offers a hundred or so additional pixels in comparison to 1920x1080 and that's all there is to it. How comfortable it is to look at depends on how close you are and how big the screen is which applies to every other aspect ratio.

You have to understand why things like these become memes. Some dipshit will always inevitably crawl out of some hole and proclaim his (usually niche) thing is superior. /g/ being full of extremely impressionable teenagers (this board is comparable to /mu/ in this regard) will fall for it and feel very special if they're using the same thing. Meme grows from there and other teenagers feel left out if they don't get the thing.

It's almost never a useful thing and when it is useful, the users don't even know why or spout second hand opinions.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.