[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Software Engineering is for Boys, Computer Science is for Men

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: fedora.jpg (25KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
25KB, 600x750px
>>
Big Data is for Wizards
>>
>>58997725
Pure Mathematics is for actual Men.
>>
>>58997736
Gods*
>>
>Guys, how do you do X?
>Software Engineer
>Use framework Y.
>Computer Scientists
>Use datastructure Z.
There's no competition guys.
>>
>>58997755
>Mathematician
>Your problem can be reduced to a zygohistomorphic prepromorphism, then just solve the sparsely populated Jacobian determinant. Your complexity drops to O(log(log(n))).
>>
How come STEM majors always have their head so far up their asses?

It's like they're all autistic and this is the only thing they're "good" at, so they hold it over your head in a smug and self-serving way.
>>
>>58997736
physics is for parrots
>>
>>58997831
Intelligence looks like arrogance from below.
>>
There is not a subject that is more cringe than computer science.
>>
>>58997863
What is "cringe" about CompSci?
>>
>>58997859
Bragging is bragging
>>
>>58997808
>It is very effective.
>>
>>58997808
kek'd
>>
>>58997725
There's hella overlap. Doesn't make a helluva lot a sense to exult one over the other.

CS might cover more in general but low level programming jobs aren't nearly as common as shit like Python and Java.
>>
>>58997869
>Typical Meme CS Degree
>Freshman year
>How to use a meme language
>Sophomore year
>How to use pointers
The blatant SE bullshit that is labeled as Computer Science to undergraduates.
>>
File: gIWgWsh.jpg (370KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
gIWgWsh.jpg
370KB, 1275x1650px
>>58997869
I should rephrase that. Computer science isn't that bad on its own. The people who take it are cringe.
https://youtu.be/UF4ReqcJAFM

Lots of people in STEM are autistic to some extent, but no field really comes close to computer science. It's also the STEM field with the most SJWs. I guess that is due to the fact that it isn't as hard as math or engineering, so it attracts all the people who are into technology but not smart enough to do math.
>>
>>58997921
I'd hire that guy over any Normie, no questions asked. There are way too many Normies in tech nowadays.
>>
>>58997907
Do they really take a whole year to learn fucking pointers?
>>
File: 9EsJ0kt.jpg (271KB, 1077x960px) Image search: [Google]
9EsJ0kt.jpg
271KB, 1077x960px
>>58997924
Do you actually have the capability to hire someone or do you just shitpost all day?
>>
>>58997921
Would bang the chick in the vid tho
>>
>>58997976
Actually I've had the last word in some hiring decisions in the past.
There was one time where there were 2 roughly equally skilled programmers applying, and I discarded the Normie.
>>
>>58998182

So you took the autistic guy who is going to be terrible as hell for anything other than that one thing they have fixated on.
>>
>>58998339
I don't want to talk about football at work or have people around who use the word "bro" unironically.
>>
>>58997907
>my CS degree
>1. Semester
>Basic C (including pointers) then basic java
>Analysis A
>Linear Algebra A
>Digital logic
>Introduction to operating systems (basically introduction to unix)
>Introduction to systems modelling (optional)
>>
>>58998805
that's pretty much how soft engy is structured here, comp sci has way more math and theoretical stuff
>>
>>58997725
It's kinda the other way around
>>
>>58997831
because stem is very difficult and not for everyone
>>
>>58998381
Isn't that the definition of "cultural fit"?
Bros hiring bros, autists hiring autists.
>>
>>58997725
Being employed is for gods
>>
>>58997725
So boys will get the jobs.
>>
>>59002455
underrated
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.