[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the best c compiler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: codeblocks.png (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
codeblocks.png
11KB, 300x300px
whats the best c compiler
>>
Whatever Microsoft's C compiler is called for Windows (because only Microsoft knows how to deal with Microsoft's bullshit), GCC for everything else.

Did you mean IDE?
>>
>>58994519

gcc and clang because IDEs are too bloated.
>>
>>58994549
Goy don't you mean the INTEL(R) COMPILER?

Most of the world is using Intel(R), why not optimize your programs for it? Who cares about free software or performance on inferior AMD chips?
>>
>>58994549
TinyCC
>>
Definitely clang
>>
>>58994519
Clang, specially if you are learning, it gives you a lot of info if you make a mistake.
>>
>>58994617
I just started programming a few months ago and I used an IDE for the first time today and I have mixed feelings about it

It feels like I'll never even use a fraction of what's in visual studio, but at the same time it's kinda neat
I don't like how far removed it feels, it didn't even feel like I was writing a program it was more like an adult version of that free mit programming shit or something
>>
>>58994519

gcc
>>
>>58994519
Clang
>>
>>58994956
Surprisingly TCC surpasses GCC in many aspects, which is even more surprising it's very small size
>>
>>58994519
GCC if you want faster binaries
>>
>>58994519
A magnetized needle, hard disk platter, and a steady hand?
>>
clang > gcc > all others (equally shit)
>>
GCC compiled programs are faster
>>
GCC and Clang are both good.
>>
>>58994519
LLVM Clang
>>
>>58995691
>>58995703
Go look up some recent llvm-gcc benchmarks.
>>
>>58995788
Quite the progress and still gets blown the fuck out by GCC master race, which is not surprising.

llvm is for vegans that are just too hipster for GCC
>>
>>58996049
t.
GNUMale
>>
>>58994549
How to detect an idiot who talks out of their ass: Mirosoft does not have a C compiler.
Microsoft has a C++ compiler that happens to compile a small amount of C programs.

>>58994519
I recommend clang whenever possible. But sometimes clang is not possible. In these cases, I recommend GCC.
>>
clang is the best if you want features that improve your productivity and security
gcc is the best if you only care about raw speed
>>
>>58994519
clang
>>
>>58994519
a compiler is not the same thing as an IDE you CS101 babby
>>
>>58994519

gnu g++

anything else is suicide tier garbage
>>
Probably the Intel compiler but I wouldn't know because I'm not paying $700 (or more) for a compiler. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

For real though: I use clang, but gcc is close enough that I don't feel comfortable trying to really compare the two because I don't know enough about the internals of each to really say which is technically superior. As an end user it's basically a toss up.
>>
>>58994519
clang
>>
>>58994519
If money is no matter and you're using an Intel CPU then the Intel Compiler. Otherwise GCC.
>>
File: ms_cl.jpg (171KB, 979x512px) Image search: [Google]
ms_cl.jpg
171KB, 979x512px
>>58994519
icc
>>58996107
>Mirosoft does not have a C compiler.
>Microsoft has a C++ compiler that happens to compile a small amount of C programs.
the fuck are you talking about, retard?
>>
>>58994617
I use spacemacs.

There is no relevant point here I just wanted to tell you what text editor I use. It is pretty good.
>>
>>58996767
>one true compiler
>>
File: LLVMCompiler1.png (21KB, 558x206px) Image search: [Google]
LLVMCompiler1.png
21KB, 558x206px
LLVM. Clang is just a parser and it uses llvm. Also llvm lets you do some cool and wacky stuff to transform your code. Learning llvm is also one of the best ways to de-mystify compilers since its so simple at a high level.
>>
>>58996954
Microsoft does not implement C99 or C11.
>>
>>58997050
>implying anyone actually writes in that dialect
more like, ms's c compiler happens to not compile a small amount of c programs for a standard that literally no one uses
>>
Eclipse
>>
GCC has worked the best for me, so I feel it is the best,

>>58994617
gcc and clang can be incorporated into any ide, you fucking moron.
>>
>>58996049
>blown the fuck out by GCC
I know this is bait, but for anyone else it depends on your workload. For some shit gcc is better, for others clang is.
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=gcc-clang-kblclear&num=1
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.